Monitors Problem with Dell 1908 wfp LCD, need suggestions?

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
I purchased a new Dell 19 incher lcd (1908 WFP) recently for my sister`s rig.

On receiving the monitor at my place everything was good. it was running fine.

Yesterday i took it to my sisters place very well packed in original material of dell.

After connecting there and on restarting what i found was

Boot up screen, POST screen was not scaled to proper resolution there were two lines after the boot logo one immediately after the logo and one at the edge of the screen, which were flashing.

The right hand band between two lines was blank.

after boot up the screen showed the resolution of 1440*900 but the right hand side band remained black. :no:

i tried to re load the input signal by pressing the input selection button which was showing me Auto input (digital DVI-D) and it went to analog on first press and which obviously had no signal and on second press it went to forced digital dvi-d and the image returned and properly scaled on full screen, to my astonishment.

Then to reconfirm i rebooted and the things remained same.

I disconnected all the cables and refastened it carefull so to rule out the loose connection possibility and still things remained same.

Then i shutdown the system and removed the dvi cable and attached the VGA cable and everything went smoothly, proper scaling and proper colours.
so i came to conclusion that either cable is faulty or the DVI port on Mobo is faulty (hope its not a major problem)

now how to sort out this problem?
what are the things that i can try, beware i am not any where near the PC and persons trying solutions are novices so i need to the point solutions.

The rig in questions is : AMD X2 4000 + proccy / Jetway 690G mobo / 1 Gb Ram / 320 Gb WD HDD / Samsung SATA DVD Writer / Iball cabinet and PSU / genius Optical Mouse and KB combo.

TIA

ps edit : just have a rough idea i am attaching a schematic diagram

thanks for the suggestions ms mahu.

i will go through it.

that means probably cord is damaged.

keep on suggesting guys.

Back