PC Peripherals Problem with power to Creative Inspire 2.1

Techman

Adept
The speaker does not get power when connected and I am not sure how to go about. I am suspecting some fault with the adaptor,

1. Any suggestion to me for making it work ?
2. Any place in Hyderabad where this can be repaired ?

if it is under warranty, take it to the dealer. else any electronics (tv etc) repair shop should be able to fix it :)

PS: do you have a multimeter by any chance? then we can talk about the third option

dude,it could just be the (from power adapter)plug not being seated properly in the socket...

try in different types of sockets or buy a 3pin type socket where the plug seats itself correctly.

If this fails,get it checked by creative.

I have bought this 2 years back, and its covered only for an year.

I am sure its just the problem with the power. No multimeter with me .... can a local electrician (shop) handle this ?

Ofcourse they can !

Just take the power adapter and ask them to test with a multimeter if its busted.

If thats the case, then head towards gurati gali (Koti) and get an AC-DC adapter of the same rating

If you dont know much about electronics, i suggest you stick to taking it to an electronics service center.

If you DO know electronics ( not for noobs) get a 12V 3A transformer (5A if you're in the mood to pimp yo speakers :eek:hyeah: )

I fall into the first category !! :)

took it to a electronics shop, he checked with multimeter and there was no output when connected.

Now I am going to the CTC @ hyderabad to get a new adaptor

I would recommend you get the shop guy to do it for you. the usual 12V adapters you get are max 1A. Tell him you need at least 3A as shown in the old one. . A 3A transformer will be very bulky ( like this one IMG_2162.jpg - imgX )

Also , ask him if it can be rewound (there are places which do that :) )

I got it fixed from the shop .... he said that the transformers were short circuted inside the adaptor. Burnt Rs. 300 out of my pocket !!

Yipee ... speakers are working now.

Hello! Please tell me which is the "+" and which is the "-" for the same model Creative MAG120290TH4. Thank you in advance!

Back