Problem with Reference Point, Bangalore UPDATE: Money Refunded

Status
Not open for further replies.

rite

Skilled
Please find emails exchanged below.

It is clear that Reference Point is worthless and no point buying anything from him.

I am not too sure about Aktimate Australia at the moment but I no longer trust them.

CONVERSATIONS

Email 1:

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Aakshey Talwar <aakshey@weavingthoughts.com> wrote:
Hi there

I am Aakshey Talwar from New Delhi (India).

I ordered a set of Aktimate Mini+ a few days ago.

Now, let us go through it point by point.

1. He doesn't accept Ebay, Amazon or Credit Card payment. So I paid upfront to his bank account which means zero security for me. But I trusted him.

2. Once I paid the money, he told me that only the red color was available. I agreed.

3. I asked him about insurance, and said that I was ready to pay for insurance, and even for premium shipping if needed, but he said that it wasn't required. He shipped using a local company named Gati. I received it the next day.

4. The speaker didn't power on and didn't work. There was no physical damage however.

5. I shipped it back to him for which I have still not received a refund of the payment which he agreed to do so initially.

6. Once he received it, he says that it was in a damaged condition and that the cone was broken. I couldn't believe it and told him that I had told him about insurance but he was still adamant about it.

7. He shipped the new piece after 1-2 days by Maruthi Courier (again, no insurance which I said I was ready to pay for), and this time I received it the next day again.

8. This time the speaker worked fine. However, the cone was broken like he had explained to me on phone. He says he shipped a new piece but I am 100% sure that he shipped a damaged piece in the first place. The same damage can't be a coincidence especially when he himself believes that it wasn't damaged in transit. Of course he is lying and trying to put the blame on me.

9. Now he is unwilling to replace with a perfect piece and is instead putting the blame on me.

10. There were other problems with him. I agreed I called him too many times to know the status, but that still doesn't excuse his behavior and poor attitude towards customers. He is extremely rude, arrogant and full of self-pride.

11. Rest assured I will never buy an Aktimate product again and will never recommend one to a friend or on a forum either. Infact, this will be going live on all major forums on the internet. There is nothing wrong with the sound quality, it is better than 90% of the competing products in the same price range. But the customer service and attitude towards customers is pathetic for such a high priced product. I don't know if all Aktimate dealers are like this, but I would certainly not buy anything from Reference Point again.

12. What I want from Aktimate:

A) Replace the product with a brand new and perfect condition (preferably Black color) Aktimate Mini+ speaker. I am in no hurry. I don't care how long it takes.

OR

B) Refund Rs.38,800 in full without deducting any shipping fees and I will return the speaker and switch to Swan speakers instead.

13. I hope I am not asking for too much. I am just being fair.

14. I have approached you for help. I have never had such a bad experience as I have had with Reference Point, for something which is so expensive and which is supposed to have good customer service. Only Aktimate Australia can help me and give justice to me.

15. Let me know if I will be treated fairly by your company in an honest manner

Aakshey

+919910623813

Reply Email 1:

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 7:03 AM, Jacki Pugh <jacki@epoz.com.au> wrote:
Dear Aakshey

Thank you for your email.

I realise you were trying to call to speak to the office in Sydney last night but it was past 10 PM here on a Saturday night and no-one could take a call at that time.

Firstly I am most distressed to read of your problems – but I must say that this is not the fault of AktiMate, it is entirely to do with your dealings with the appointed AktiMate distributor in India – Reference Point. Be assured that I am immediately making contact with the owner of that business to rectify the situation for you.

AktiMate cannot accept the cost of sending a brand new pair of speakers to India to compensate for the problems between yourself and Reference Point, unless Reference Point authorises us to do so.

I will advise you of the outcome of my discussion with Reference Point as quickly as I can.

Regards
Jacki
Epoz
+61 2 9450 0789
Skype ID: jackipugh
jacki@epoz.com.au
Epoz
AktiMate

Attention:
This e-mail is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that e-mails are free from any virus, no liability can be accepted and you are requested to use your own virus checking software.

Email 2:

There is a hissing noise coming from the speakers in several songs, slow/low volume hissing noise. It isn't there when music isn't playing. But with music the tweeter is giving a low volume hissing noise. Can you replace with a Black piece, new piece, tested piece? I don't mind if it takes some time

Reply Email 2:

I do not believe there is a problem with the speaker other than those you have already outlined.

The only way your speakers can be replaced with black by AktiMate directly is if you buy it from Australia. You would have to arrange a credit with the distributor for the pair you have and return those to him. If you do that the warranty is only valid in the country of purchase.

I would then have to give you a price including the freight to your country. I expect it would cost in the region of USD 750.

Regards
Jacki
Epoz
+61 2 9450 0789
Skype ID: jackipugh
jacki@epoz.com.au
Epoz
AktiMate

Attention:
This e-mail is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that e-mails are free from any virus, no liability can be accepted and you are requested to use your own virus checking software.

The above emails make it quite clear.

Reference Point is pretty bad in dealing with customers should any issue arise. Unless all goes hunky dory of course. And Aktimate is too worried about its profit and loss statement to go completely out of its way either.

I am screwed

There is nothing wrong with the speakers, the dent doesn't harm the sound in anyway, but it shows how they treat customers and don't care about good customer service.

Warm Regards

Aakshey
UPDATE:

Hi guys

My money has been refunded in full.

I don't mind dealing with Reference Point again, nor do I mind recommending them to others any longer.

We did have a bitter batch but the company is certainly not a scam, and my money has been refunded. He was rude for sure, but sometimes things don't work out. I wish him the very best and request the mods to delete this post ASAP!

Aakshey

All the best Venky, and sorry for all the trouble :(

Any reason why you want this deleted? If the dealer wasn't bothered till you posted on internet forums to get his attention, then this thread should be up so people are cautious when dealing with him.

He didn't see these threads I think. He refunded without seeing the threads from what I feel. All it took was a few emails and his willingness to end the problems we had with each other.

I didn't show him any threads nor did I give him any time to look for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back