CPU/Mobo Processor overvolting and overheating

chungus

Market Restricted
Disciple
Few weeks ago my mini ITX pc (nzxt h1) Started heating up and shutting down for no apparent reason. I initially thought it was the AIO cooler, and got it replaced under warranty . However, even with the new cooler, my Ryzen 7 3700X was still running hot and overvolting even when it was idling. After some online research, it seemed like this might be a common issue with the processor. So, I decided to switch it out for a Ryzen 5 3600, but guess what? It's still giving me the same overheating and overvolting problems. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Last edited:
Try those bios tweaks like adjusting pbo curves, voltages etc. These processors are very sensitive so google for perfect settings for each of them which are easy to find and tweak accordingly.
I did the same to my 5600 and temps are in check with no performance compromise but I dont recall what all I did in bios as it has been close to 2yrs now..

Try those bios tweaks like adjusting pbo curves, voltages etc. These processors are very sensitive so google for perfect settings for each of them which are easy to find and tweak accordingly.
I did the same to my 5600 and temps are in check with no performance compromise but I dont recall what all I did in bios as it has been close to 2yrs now..
Or should I just update the bios or something

"hot and overvolting even when it was idling", how do you know this? Show some numbers in HWINFO64.
Additionally, you can reset the BIOS and then turn off PBO in which is essentially auto-overclocking.

Does it heat up when in open or when you remove the panels from that case?
"hot and overvolting even when it was idling", how do you know this? Show some numbers in HWINFO64.
Additionally, you can reset the BIOS and then turn off PBO in which is essentially auto-overclocking.

Attachments

• IMG-20230929-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20230929-WA0006.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 51
Back