PS2 Softmod ?

What is the best way of soft modding a PS2 to play backups ?

Also wanted to know where can i get it chipped in Bombay if softmod is too cumbersome....

Thanks

I'm not sure about soft modding, but Swap Magic was the only disc used to load backed up DVD's, without having to install a hardware mod on the PS2. Personally, wouldn't recommend it. Where exactly are you located in Mumbai?

Way too far. I got my pre-modded PS2 from Borivali & the guy told me that modding it separately would be around 500 bucks or so.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm not sure about soft modding, but Swap Magic was the only disc used to load backed up DVD's, without having to install a hardware mod on the PS2. Personally, wouldn't recommend it. Where exactly are you located in Mumbai?

@ Ethan_Hunt

a friend of mine just moved to mumbai.... he has a slim ps2 and wants to play back ups on it ....where in mumbai can he get swap magic discs plus those flip tops/ slide tool??? and any other ways he can play back ups??? hes to sacred of voiding warranty...

Like I said earlier, a hardware mod is the best option. That would ensure a better compatibility & no region locking issues. I, personally, haven't seen any dealers selling Swap Magic DVD's. It's available on the internet though. If he has the latest slim PS2, then the chances of his console going bust are very "slim" by a hardware mod. I have been using my pre-modded console for over a year now & many others have used it for longer that 4 years, without issues.

My advice is to ask him to get it hardware modded.

@techmaster: PM sent, I believe.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Like I said earlier, a hardware mod is the best option. That would ensure a better compatibility & no region locking issues. I, personally, haven't seen any dealers selling Swap Magic DVD's. It's available on the internet though. If he has the latest slim PS2, then the chances of his console going bust are very "slim" by a hardware mod. I have been using my pre-modded console for over a year now & many others have used it for longer that 4 years, without issues.
My advice is to ask him to get it hardware modded.
@techmaster: PM sent, I believe.
I have to agree with you on that....convinced him to get it modded...so can you PM me the address too??? also any specific mod chip ???? and whats the cost???

thanks in advance..

Ethan_Hunt said:
Way too far. I got my pre-modded PS2 from Borivali & the guy told me that modding it separately would be around 500 bucks or so.

dude,which mod chip is installed in your ps2 ??

I got an used ps2 from kumar(te member). When I bootup the device - I does not show any name of the mod chip.in my previous ps2 - I used to get matrix infinity during bootup.I am not able to play few backup disk(which are mix of stumped disk-golden color and burned disk got from local shop)- but once I rebuild those disk and burned at 4x with verbatim- they are working fine. I got couple of original disk with the deal - which are working fine.What may be the problem.

I'm pretty sure my dealer mentioned DMS4 Pro being installed on mine. Can't confirm though. It plays pretty much every kind of disc I have inserted in it. Those that wouldn't detect, I would just re-burn them on a proper media, that's all.

Back