PS3 freezes while save/load.

Rico

Rico Unchained
Adept
PS3 freezes while saving/loading game. Right now it's happening only for GOW3.
The disc is scratchless. Played the game from previous checkpoint but the still it freezes.
I have JB'ed to play backups.
PS3 slim FW - 3.41,320GB.

If I go ahead with patch, will this affect the JB ?

what I think is hdd is crashing whenever your PS3 is trying to load or write data or GOW3 game save folder is corrupted...My guess reset your PS3 and if problem still persist then take it to service center.....

I don't know anything about JB, but may be your saved data got corrupt somehow.
Did you try to start a new game and then save it?
Also if you're not too much bothered about your saved game, then you can delete the game data and start afresh with the disc.

I recall the last time I played GOW 3 (almost a month back), the opening video sequence was stuttering like crazy (more like frame by frame), when I had popped in the disc. Turns out that the disc had some clear fingerprints and smudges. Cleaned it and re-inserted the disc and the stuttering was gone. OTOH your issue seems more like a corrupt save file.

Reload the previous save file and proceed through this checkpoint, quit the game and reload the new save point to check if the issue persists.

Gannu said:
Reload the previous save file and proceed through this checkpoint, quit the game and reload the new save point to check if the issue persists.

Did this but still the game freezes.

There is a bug in the game, In THE PATH OF EOS before fighting the Wraiths , the secret area below contains a chest with Red Orbs after collecting and climbing back to fight them. all the weapons disappeared.so weird?
tried to restart the level and the game froze again.

I'm so sick of this.
even the backups run fine but the original legit game give hickups! WTF! :facepalm:

problem with game or PS3 ? :anyone:

jerryelvis said:
Did this but still the game freezes.

There is a bug in the game, In THE PATH OF EOS before fighting the Wraiths , the secret area below contains a chest with Red Orbs after collecting and climbing back to fight them. all the weapons disappeared.so weird?
tried to restart the level and the game froze again.

I'm so sick of this.
even the backups run fine but the original legit game give hickups! WTF! :facepalm:

problem with game or PS3 ? :anyone:

But have you tried out all the suggestions that have been given?
(esp mine :p:D)
Did you try using and saving another legit game?

kestrel5915 said:
But have you tried out all the suggestions that have been given?
(esp mine :p:D)
Did you try using and saving another legit game?
I deleted last 2 save/checkpoint and started to play.

yet to try again from Scratch.

Aman27deep said:
OK Do this. If you have Multiman/Gaia/rogero, copy the game onto the HardDisc, and try playing from that.

Seems like disc problem.Backed up(MM) the game to PS3 HDD, after 51% there's no progress in, progress bar.Popped the disc out and wiped out clean.
Started to backup again, i have encountered the same problem.Screenies below.

Is there any way to replace /RMA it :rofl: .
[attachment=7713:13847.attach]

[attachment=7711:13845.attach]

[attachment=7715:13849.attach]

Attachments

• 31032011011.jpg
    31032011011.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 31032011009.jpg
    31032011009.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 30032011007.jpg
    30032011007.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 465
  • 30032011006.jpg
    30032011006.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 31032011013.jpg
    31032011013.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 31032011014.jpg
    31032011014.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 192
Disc has gone. That's why you are facing the problem. Download a new copy or borrow a friend's disc or try cleaning the disc. That's all anyone is gonna tell you.

Could you guys help me too ?
The freezing happens with me too, but starngely it happnes when it's searching for online players ( COD black ops).
Once it reaches about 66% it freezes, nothing works then so zi have shut it down and restart. Happens only with COD , infact thats the only game I play.

Freezing is eminent with CFW, me too have faced freezing issues just leave the backup manager it will continue sometimes even 1 hour to unfreeze it

Aman27deep said:
Disc has gone. That's why you are facing the problem. Download a new copy or borrow a friend's disc or try cleaning the disc. That's all anyone is gonna tell you.

:joystick: yeah. Cleaned the disc / No gamer friends / downloading 40 odd gigs with Airtel is pain in a*s.

P.S - someone pls lend me GOW will make copy and return. earn my loyalty :gap: .

Try washing it with liquid detergent... and NO, i'm not kidding or pulling a fast one on you for April Fool's day.

Back