PS3 making noise

Punker

Skilled
Guys I noticed it today while playing game my console started making noises(like grinding or we can say sound that comes from an old refrigerator).....they were like if CD was full of scratches and drive is not able to read it properly but CD is scratch less and I hear this sound whenever i play game(never tried playing movies on it till now)..... Is it a HDD problem because game got installed on HDD first...... Anybody else facing this problem?What should I do? Should I take it to Sony service center?

PS: Game i was playing was Heavy Rain

EDIT: I goggled it and found that sound is normal while CD is inside the console and it does make when it heats up.....What you guys think...

TIA,

Punker

If it's the Slim, then yes, the noise the common. It's irritating at times, but I don't think there's any fix for it.

The phat unit OTOH produces a faint crack/pop when the unit has been switched off after an extensive gaming session. Some say this relates to the console's chip cooling down.

dinjo said:
Its due to the plastic y material which contracts/expands which creates the noise
I too read it on Play Station forum..... but it makes noise like something is cracking inside it......

@Ethan - yes it's slim....

My Slim makes a similar noise 10min or so after start up and then again after i turn it off, there'll be one or two pops when its cooling down i guess. I also noticed when the game is starting up or loading, the disc makes some sounds but then its silent. Dont worry, its perfectly normal.

Back