PS3 - some queries

TonyBosco

Disciple
Hi all , I dont have much knowledge of PS3.:)
and I want to buy for my son.
:)
I asked my friend to buy a PS3 from US.

but he says some indian games wont work in that.

shall i buy from bangalore sony showroom? or
shall i ask him my friend to buy from US.

US rate is 17,000
indian rate is 21,000

the one i asked for has 320gb hdd + ps3 + one joystick

Also, pls suggest a good configuration for PS3.

loving
tony

TonyBosco said:
Hi all , I dont have much knowledge of PS3.:)

and I want to buy for my son.

:)

I asked my friend to buy a PS3 from US.

but he says some indian games wont work in that.

shall i buy from bangalore sony showroom? or

shall i ask him my friend to buy from US.

US rate is 17,000

indian rate is 21,000

the one i asked for has 320gb hdd + ps3 + one joystick

Also, pls suggest a good configuration for PS3.

loving

tony
If you have an HDTV then every game from everywhere will work on your PS3 with no trouble at all

a config in what sense ?

Every game on PS3 works on every PS3 console except PSN games it does not matter whether you have HDTV or not.

@TonyBosco

Would recommend you to get the console from India itself you will get warranty support and infact the price difference is negligible nowadays, apart from fact you have to carry the heavy console.

Hello Tony. PS3 games are region-free, meaning, games from any region would work in any console. So even if you buy a console from US, every game available anywhere in the world would work on it. The only content/media which bear region coding are; Downloadable content (DLCs) and Blu-Ray movies.

You can get a 160GB/120GB Bundle, which I guess would be more than enough for you kid, assuming it's just for casual gaming. It's advisable to get the console from India as you'll secure an Indian warranty with it. Sony does not offer international warranty, so if the US console would die on you, then the Indian service centres won't service it.

Honestly, I'd say pick up the console from the US and test it, before your friend departs. Would save you some dough which you could probably spend for another DS3 controller or the Move kit if your son is interested.

Although, there is no concrete guarantee that the console wouldn't break down later, the chances are fairly remote considering the newer slim consoles are built like a tank unlike the older phat models. JFTR I haven't seen a single slim console go kaput till date. :p

Back