PS3 with DVI input moniter

kolguy

Adept
Well as the topic reads been considering getting myself a PS3, one of the many limitations with that is i dont have a HD-TV and dont want to get one now.

I do however have a full hd moniter(listed in sig) but it only has DVI/VGA input. I have seen converters for this, but i dont get a clear picture about these ... anyone here that has used one of these converters ? how do you set up the audio ?

any pointers regarding this is welcome.

All you need are these:

One is a HDMI-DVI converter & other is a RCA-3.5mm Converter + RCA-RCA Female Female adapter.. Connect the PS3's HDNI out to the monitor's DVI in using the first one, then connect the audio to speakers via the PS3 audio/video cable through the RCA-3.5mm converter..

Find those here & here & here..

will be able to game at 1080p with those ? that is my biggest concern, no point getting all that game at a lesser resolution

All games are currently running @ 720p...only few support native 1080p

so be content with 720p res...it looks good :)

HDMI = DVI + Audio Stream

So, there should be zero loss in video quality when you use a 'HDMI Male - DVI Male' cable. And yes, if your monitor's maximum height > 1080 pixels, you will get full HD.

Please check whether your monitor is HDCP compatible coz PS3s HD output is HDCP encrypted. Once you have confirmed the compatibility just buy a HDMI-DVI cable. Nothing else.

Back