PS3 wont detect any disks

Demonkiller

Disciple
Hey Guys
Today, after a gap of about 3 weeks I finally got some time to turn on my PS3. The HDMI cable was acting up so I adjusted it trying to get a signal from the console. I even switched off the switch behind the console a couple of times to get a signal. When I turned on the console, I heard a loud whirring sound and it auto-ejected my blue ray disk.

After that it hasn't been able to read any of my disks(blue ray, dvd, music) nothing. The console is working normally, just doesnt read disks. Anyone got suggestions for an easy fix??

Any tips welcome!

Fat 40GB. Got it from ebay US so warranty is a no-no :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Did a system restore, full system format, restored d filesystem, used a disk cleaner, and still nothing.

Then the lens has probably gone kaput. As a last resort, you can try opening up the console and cleaning the lens manually. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to get it replaced.

do as ethan said since you yourself mentioned it was lying around for a longer period of time.it also depends how or in what condition you had kept it.
try youtube it has some good guides.

Bad luck man. If it was the Indian version PS3 which was out of warranty, you could have exchanged it for a brand new PS3 by paying only 50% of the price...Unfortunately it's from the US(NTSC)..

Anyway, replacing the BD shouldn't be that hard. Get the drive from Ebay.com and replace it if you are feeling adventurous otherwise head on over to your nearest console repair guy to do it for you..

it's called SOD (Spin of death) your BD lens has worn out , you need to change it. seek one from ebay and replace it yourself or get it done.

Back