PS4 Pro Not Reading Some Discs (while some discs work fine)

Neo-N

Skilled
Hi Guys,

Have a peculiar issue. I have a PS4 Pro 1TB that I was using for a while for playing 8 games (GTA V, Battlefield 4, CoD Infinite Warfare, Driveclub, MK XL, NFS Rivals, Injustice 2, Diablo III) - Never played any other games. All games are original with scratchless discs and PS4 is bone stock (no chipping / modding) on Firmware 7.51.

I recently formatted the PS4 and sold it to a friend ( @pratzgh1 )with all discs. When he is trying the game discs, he can only play Driveclub and NFS Rivals and all other discs are unrecognizable. We tried resetting the PS4, rebuilding the database and also initialized the PS4 (everything other than upgrading firmware) but nothing seems to make the other 6 discs work.

There is no physical or any other damage to the PS4 or to the discs and the two games work flawlessly. Is there any advice or has anyone encountered such an issue before? Any guidance will be super helpful.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Guys,

Have a peculiar issue. I have a PS4 Pro 1TB that I was using for a while for playing 8 games (GTA V, Battlefield 4, CoD Infinite Warfare, Driveclub, MK XL, NFS Rivals, Injustice 2, Diablo III) - Never played any other games. All games are original with scratchless discs and PS4 is bone stock (no chipping / modding) on Firmware 7.51.

I recently formatted the PS4 and sold it to a friend ( @pratzgh1 )with all discs. When he is trying the game discs, he can only play Driveclub and NFS Rivals and all other discs are unrecognizable. We tried resetting the PS4, rebuilding the database and also initialized the PS4 (everything other than upgrading firmware) but nothing seems to make the other 6 discs work.

There is no physical or any other damage to the PS4 or to the discs and the two games work flawlessly. Is there any advice or has anyone encountered such an issue before? Any guidance will be super helpful.

Thanks in advance. :)
Did you shipped the console??
If yes then shipping bumps can cause disc drive failures. I had same experience with PS4 Slim but console was in warranty so Sony India replaced it with brand new one.

If your console is in wannraty/no warranty, consider going to local sony service center and see if they can fix it, otherwise third party repairs is only option.

Did you shipped the console??
If yes then shipping bumps can cause disc drive failures. I had same experience with PS4 Slim but console was in warranty so Sony India replaced it with brand new one.

If your console is in wannraty/no warranty, consider going to local sony service center and see if they can fix it, otherwise third party repairs is only option.
If that was the case, then why are the two mentioned games working flawlessly and the others are not?

If that was the case, then why are the two mentioned games working flawlessly and the others are not?
Maybe your PS4 does not likes other games and wants your Friend to play only the games that it likes. I don't think it has something to do with the region of the games. Your friend is using his PSN account or yours. Maybe you can login using your account and see if the issue is not related to account, though its highly unlikely. My suspicion is related to the Software, does not looks like a hardware issue.

Maybe your PS4 does not likes other games and wants your Friend to play only the games that it likes. I don't think it has something to do with the region of the games. Your friend is using his PSN account or yours. Maybe you can login using your account and see if the issue is not related to account, though its highly unlikely. My suspicion is related to the Software, does not looks like a hardware issue.
I really want to update but then most of my friends advise otherwise since there is a new exploit for our PS4 version 7.51. Frankly, I am new to consoles and was not even aware of the latest exploit. Have tried almost everything apart from updating the firmware. Will try the exploits too and see what works! At the present moment, all I want to do is play some games in my free time.

ive seen people have this issue and vertically mount it or if its horizontal, raise the height of drive side of ps4 but putting something on the left front corner ... like we add folded paper to balance wobbly tables. hope you get what I am trying to say.
long shot but may work

ive seen people have this issue and vertically mount it or if its horizontal, raise the height of drive side of ps4 but putting something on the left front corner ... like we add folded paper to balance wobbly tables. hope you get what I am trying to say.
long shot but may work
It is mounted vertically and tried to insert the disc horizontally as well. NO luck!

While this works out, managed to get GoldHEN installed on the PS4 Pro and using alternative methods to enjoy the console. Although, I would really want the discs to run someday.

Back