PSA : Beware of fake emails from RPTech for FE cards

'Got hold of RPtech's enquiry list'

Does that mean they are indirectly admitting their customer database is hacked, leaked, or sold?

'Got hold of RPtech's enquiry list'

Does that mean they are indirectly admitting their customer database is hacked, leaked, or sold?
Seems like.
Can't blame anyone but people sharing Email contents when they get it. Scammers would take this opportunity to their thing.
Email contents is just half of the story. The bigger problem is how did they get the email IDs of registered users. Most likely an inside job, someone in RPT leaked this and is running the scam. But there are a few people who are desperate and may have put their emails online on FB, Reddit etc.

Be on the lookout guys, inform as many people as you can about this.
Seeing the shortage, scammers may ask for a "booking" charge, saying a token amount will be taken for blocking a card for you. I haven't read anything like this yet. But any time something is scarce, booking amount scams will pop up.
Especially inform the young people who may not have much experience about the cruel world.

I also got mail from @rp-tech.in
Funny thing is i enquired on rptech's website on sunday and in like 2-3 hrs got a mail for invite on sunday itself.....i knew it straight away that it was scam as few days back someone on fb asked for same with same mail id but thought let's reply and see what happens......genuine rptech person will forward the mail to account department which will then send the payment link....here they gave the account details and asked to pay into that via imps/neft.
Even the details they send the name is mentioned as rp tech india with bank account number and ifsc code of federal bank situated in marine drive, kochi.
I'm thinking of sending them mail about this illegal account.

Even the details they send the name is mentioned as rp tech india with bank account number and ifsc code of federal bank situated in marine drive, kochi.
I'm thinking of sending them mail about this illegal account.
The beneficiary name is not relevant in a IMPS/NEFT transaction. It's just there for your record purpose.

Honestly when you are waiting for like 9 months even a fake email works I guess lol.

Seriously though, that Namrata said they are clearing requests of Feb '21 batch back on November 7 email. It's been 2 months already. Even if you go by one day at a time then they should have reached April requests, when I did mine.

Back