OC & Modding PSOne LCD in a PC Cabinet Mod @ Bit-Tech

PSOne LCD in a PC Cabinet Mod

There are many modded cases which had had simple LCD or VFD displays fitted to add an element of "coolness". These displays are generally somewhat limited in their capabilities and often consist of just a few lines of alphanumeric characters. Now you can go that extra mile and take "coolness" into the "chilly" realms by fitting a "real" graphic LCD display just like the one on your desktop, only smaller. I am talking about the add-on LCD screen for the Sony PSone Playstation games console. This display has a viewable area of approximately 5 inches, has a resolution of 640 x 480 and is a gift to modders everywhere. Here are a few features of this unit...

Designed specifically for Playstation One by Sony Computer Entertainment but who cares?

5 inch LCD colour TFT screen
Twin stereo speakers
Brightness and volume controls
AV IN jack, headphones jack
AV MULTI OUT connector

Quite a useful piece of kit you will agree. With some effort this device can be made to work with a VGA output from a graphics card. Forget alphanumeric displays now you can replicate your main monitor or give your Winamp its own screen, or just run exotic visualisations on a screen built into your computer case. The possibilities are almost endless.

Some Images

front8wu.jpg

winamp27to.jpg

Source & Full Info :- http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2004/07/07/psone_lcd/1.html

Forum Discussions here :- http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=62951

Really a fantastic mod

Wow.

Im sure we can use any 5 - 6 Inch LCD which you have though.

I have 2 6" LCD's for my Car Audio/Video system lying around :D.

Maybe ill try this after a week of so. Quite busy right now :|.

Bah, this mod HAS to be done only with the PSone and its Screen :(. Nooooo.

Anyways, ill try something ;).

The mod only works on Sony brand PSOne displays. To my knowledge it only works on Sony brand PSOne displays and Thrustmaster PSOne displays (thanks to mpro). Other PSOne displays do not have VGA input, most of them only pass the composite video signal up. You will not be able to get the mod working on these displays.

Nooooooo....

Anyways.. Is there something like a VGA to Analog connector (Like VGA pin to the Red, Yellow and White pins?)

I can do sumthing with ATi's software then and put only what i want on the 2nd Screen :D.

Back