PC Peripherals PSU for lowest power consuming build

net

Disciple
Hi, I got hardware for office systems its stuff for 6 systems to be build, all atom d510 dual core embedded cpus. Hard drives i got are all 2.5" 320GB for lowest power comsumption and 2GB ddr2 ram for each build.

The chassis i bought is basic Rs1000 zebronics and it came with a power supply bundled, which is like 450 or 550 watts, I have less ideas about what the basic needs for an atom build, I want them to utilise least power as they need. I read somebody mentioned about a 150watts PSU somewhere in this forum for atom based PC, Please guide me if i use this 450/550 watt PSU on these build will it make the PSU gulp a lot of power uselessly and system wont use it? i am bad at electronics, so guide me about least power consuming PSU and where can it be found at what prices?
Thanks.

It is not necessary if you put a 450W supply in your system it will consume 450W.Actually wattage is MAX capacity of PSU.If your system Has a wattage of let say 80W So either use a 150W or 450W it'll only Draw 80W.

Most Economical PSU is FSP SAGA II 350W ~Rs.1500

The wattage mentioned on PSU (say 450w) is the total peak wattage it can deliver if loaded ( Some may deliver more, some less depending on the advertisement done by each manufacturer) .It doesnt mean that your system is going to consume 450w or greater every time. As in your case, you are using an atom setup, the total wattage will stay well below 200w on load conditions

net said:
Hi, I got hardware for office systems its stuff for 6 systems to be build, all atom d510 dual core embedded cpus. Hard drives i got are all 2.5" 320GB for lowest power comsumption and 2GB ddr2 ram for each build.

The chassis i bought is basic Rs1000 zebronics and it came with a power supply bundled, which is like 450 or 550 watts, I have less ideas about what the basic needs for an atom build, I want them to utilise least power as they need. I read somebody mentioned about a 150watts PSU somewhere in this forum for atom based PC, Please guide me if i use this 450/550 watt PSU on these build will it make the PSU gulp a lot of power uselessly and system wont use it? i am bad at electronics, so guide me about least power consuming PSU and where can it be found at what prices?

Thanks.

Agree with the above comments, but there is also a question of efficiency. A 450watt PSU will operate at peak efficiency with a 60-75% load. If you draw 40w from a 400w psu, it will waste some power as it will not be efficient.

For a Atom setup, I would suggest a DC based 60w PicoPSU. Silent, noiseless and highly efficient. Available either with Panache or global ebay.

sorry for little off topic question : In which case will i be able to run my UPS for longer time??

1. 500W SMPS with 300W load with 1KVA ups

2. 300W SMPS with 300W load with 1KVA ups

sorry for little off topic question : In which case will i be able to run my UPS for longer time??

1. 500W SMPS with 300W load with 1KVA ups

2. 300W SMPS with 300W load with 1KVA ups

Assuming they have similar Efficiency graphs.....then 500Watts one will.

The effiency is max generally at the mid point of Consumption so for the 300W will be most eff at 150Watts Consumption and the 500W one at about 250Watts,
so yes the 500W one will be much better and should run longer, but it will really depend on the graphs of the 2 PSU's

Who is using a 300W PSU and has 300W of load, the PSU will blow up anytime!!! as they can never be 100% efficient.
So the above scenario is not really correct IMO.

Thank you guys for nice replies, i am no more worries about this after reading that it wont draw more power then consumed by peripherals :d

If its only an atom box, you can go for Pico power supplies which is a dc-dc adapter powered by an external brick like a laptop adapter. Will give much higher efficiencies.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Back