PC Peripherals PSU Ideas & Suggestion

antz123

Adept
Hi

I have been searching over net and reading around to get the best possible PSU. Was looknig at warranty, efficiency and more than 800Watts as Power.

Conculsion was :
Best Antec Signature series 850 Watts
Second place tie between Corsair HX850 & Seasonic M12D 850

Antec I am not able to find anywhere in Mumbai so even being my first choice its out of the picture

Second place both are 80 plus silver, both are available at similar rates. Both are modular etc. Both have good service n warranty. So wanted to know if anyone is using either for them or want to suggest a fourth...

Wanted to buy tomorrow so little urgent.

Thanks

sorry mods ... wrong section.... apologies

I know ... i was in hurry so clicked first Application rather than Peripherials.... my mistake... Mods please help in moving

Been using a M12D 850 since Oct '09. I have a very humble rig as put up on the signature. Upgraded from an HX620 during the eBay festival offer.

The first lot of this PSU to India was extremely bad IMO. Most of them were DOA (I'd to RMA mine twice!) and had to be RMA'd. Tirupathi Enterprises deals with the service. They were very prompt in the service offered.

thats scary man ... and u have most heart felt sympathy... my older Power supply crashed twice so i know how it feel ... without the systems....

M12 crashed twice ... is a big negative in my book for seasonic ... good support or otherwise.... days without machine gives me withdrawal symptoms

^Make no mistake, I said it was DOA - a bad batch at its best. The fan refused to spin. The PSU was working/worked fine so long as I decided to load it continuously in a way that it stopped working completely.

Just in case you're getting the M12D ensure that the dealer tests it prior to sending it.

hmmm thanks man.... planning as my most of stuff to buy it from Primeabgb... cost wise both are similar.... just thought HX is new in comparision to M12

@ antz there was really no need to start a new thread for this. anyway.. SS had a bad batch thats all, just make sure u get a better batch and get it. Antec has no ASS in India. Chuck it!

@ Rock...

Thread was started to know experiences between m12 n Hx thats all...

didnt knew this was discussed before...??? Antec anyways as i said was out of consideration set.

@Magnet

M12 - 10.5K

HX 850 - 10.3K

both silver 80, both 3 yr warranty n service.

@karthik n Gannu

my bad entirely..... both have 5 yrs :)

Corsair internationally says 7 yrs as u pointed out in the link. but i checked locally they said its 5.

I guess its in India they give 5 yrs

I think both these PSUs are made by Seasonic. Member in the other forum's HX850 also died. Same batch prolly. Warrantee on both is at-least 5 years.

antz123 said:
@ Rock...
Thread was started to know experiences between m12 n Hx thats all...
didnt knew this was discussed before...??? Antec anyways as i said was out of consideration set.
@Magnet

M12 - 10.5K

HX 850 - 10.3K
both silver 80, both 3 yr warranty n service.

low_bass_makker said:
You can look at CM Slient PRO M 1000 Watts for approx 10k.

I don't think CM is a good option. Some of their products are peak power..Really disappointed with their policy!!

Back