Pull up bar for home

devagya

Disciple
Most of my workout is calesthenics, I used to do pull ups on my roof, but since the heat is too much I want to install a pull up bar within my home.

I'm looking for a pull up bar that can be installed directly on wall or b/w the walls, I looked up on amazon(specifically this and this) but most of them look unreliable and risky, I'm only ~60kg and most of these say they support upto 90kgs. I will also try to visit a local sport shop which might have more options.

Is there a good solution which is safe and not very expensive ?

I had done a bunch of research on this same thing a while back and tried all the major options available in the market.

I would go for the first one and use a minimum of M8 anchor bolts - the ones that come with these are usually weaker. The door kind are also totally fine provided you can use heavier and longer screws - again, the ones they provide are not strong enough. Don't skimp when getting a door pullup bar- the cheaper ones are made of thinner metal and also sag, have poorer foam padding.

Stay away from bs like this. I tried 3 different variants and they were all difficult to deal with and also unsafe the moment you added some swinging motion. Tried on multiple surfaces (wood, concrete, unplastered wall). Leads me to believe most of the reviews are fake.

I ended up hiring a welder to make a custom frame to fit to a beam and suspended gym rings instead.

Back