Car & Bike Pulsar 180 or Pulsar 200?

Styx

Skilled
Guys....I'm in some serious Dilemma.

Which one should i get.....Pulsar 180 or the 200 version?

The 180 costs around 62880 whereas the 200' one is priced at 72414.

Is the 200 really worth the 10k premium??

I test drove both of them and this is what i figured out:

>>Riding comfort on P180 is slightly better.

As the pedals are pushed further back on P200, it gets much too sportier for my taste and won't be as comfortable in the longer run?

>>The Headlamp is not battery operated (i think) , does that really make a diff tho?

>>There's no kick on P200, are bajaj self's that reliable?:mad:

>>The thing really bothering me is the build quality of the bike(i.e. P200) after reading some negative reviews and serious issues with the front forks, Gearbox and engine noise.

>>Since its a much newer model, the availability of good quality spares can be a concern with a co. like Bajaj.

p180 ..will do .. bro has 200 cc one ..man that split seat is not comfortable at all for pillion rider ..i found it seriously dangerous ..pillion can fall back cos of that pickup bike offers . .. the long singel piece seat on 180 is what is preferred ..

I was at the Yamaha showroom about a week back. Lamers there claim that the bike will be close to 92K - 1Lac on road...
Its expected at the showroom end of the month.

avenger 200? rdie height evenb lower :rofl:

avoid the 200. runs fine for first 6k, then everything fails. friend sold off his bike because of parts failing

avenger 200? rdie height evenb lower

Yeah, but its meant to be that way...isnt it.

Actually i need the bike mostly for city ride..no touring or anything..so i think a cruiser doesn't fit in here.

did u try other bikes? HH cbz xtreem or junk?

city riding means u dont need all that powuh :p just get one which suits you.

If you want a cruiser, get a Thunderbird. not a phony cruiser imitation. Managed to get my hands on a Tbird the other day. It was my first riding experience since I left college :rofl:. But absolutely loved it... especially all the low end torque and the amazing engine note. I'd say beg/borrow/steal but get either the tbird or the R15. Do be aware that an enfield needs a hell lotta care though.

did u try other bikes? HH cbz xtreem or junk?

city riding means u dont need all that powuh just get one which suits you.

Well both of these don't actually appeal to me...i just hate the chunky looks on the hunk.
The CBZ(this newer model) on the other hand is worse than it used to be.
If you want a cruiser, get a Thunderbird. not a phony cruiser imitation. Managed to get my hands on a Tbird the other day. It was my first riding experience since I left college . But absolutely loved it... especially all the low end torque and the amazing engine note. I'd say beg/borrow/steal but get either the tbird or the R15. Do be aware that an enfield needs a hell lotta care though.

I think Thunderbird won't suit me at all(dnt know why tho)...plus it costs a bomb.
R15 is still not actually available and its also way above my budget.

Guess its not much of a choice now, if pulsar is a waste of money then its better to waste less..so P180 it is.:(

Pulsar isnt a waste of money !! Most of the people who say that havent ridden one.

You ride the Pulsar. If you like it, buy it.

I honestly dont know abt the reliability of the electric start on the 200. But otherwise, it's a fantastic bike.

I have a Pulsar since 2004 and I love it. It's a little harsher than stuff like the Unicorn, but I like it. The Pulsar has character. when it accelerates, it goes like stink. It doesnt have the smoothness, but it feels superb.

You can thrash it like crazy and nothing will happen.

Only thing is, make sure you service it according to the manual.

Thanks for the inputs nikhil; as i am really doubtful about P200's reliability and the premium it comes for, i think i'll go with P180.

Plus the Bajaj dealer is offering a 4 year warranty on engine repairs and parts on the P180.

Whereas there's only a regular one year warranty in case of P200.

Nikhil said:
Pulsar isnt a waste of money !! Most of the people who say that havent ridden one.

You ride the Pulsar. If you like it, buy it.

I honestly dont know abt the reliability of the electric start on the 200. But otherwise, it's a fantastic bike.

I have a Pulsar since 2004 and I love it. It's a little harsher than stuff like the Unicorn, but I like it. The Pulsar has character. when it accelerates, it goes like stink. It doesnt have the smoothness, but it feels superb.

You can thrash it like crazy and nothing will happen.

Only thing is, make sure you service it according to the manual.

I had a P180 classic 2 years ago and currently I ride p200. I can say that pulsars are harsh. but that doesnt mean that the engines are bad. they accelerate like mad.

P200 has electric start problem but its only one small glitch. newer pulsars (read p200) are smooth compared to classics but still harsh compared to zma and unicorn.

PS: completed 1600km in 24hours on my P200. full throttle for 24 hours. that speaks of the engine quality.

Back