PVR Gold: Worth the extra money?

Slayer69

Disciple
So i was looking to book tickets for John Wick 4 and i was curious as to is the PVR Gold experience worth the price?
Specifically i am curious as to the normal PVR Recliner seats vs PVR Gold Prime seats

I've found PVR screens to be quite disappointing here in Mumbai. Just way too many issues with the projection and light leaking from the side from exit signs and then audio levels. It's a mess.

I've found PVR screens to be quite disappointing here in Mumbai. Just way too many issues with the projection and light leaking from the side from exit signs and then audio levels. It's a mess.
Add this to Cinepolis in Bangalore Meenakshi mall. Went yesterday to watch Shazam. Audio was bad, there was motion blur and screen brightness was okayish. Worst part is that these chains throw 15 minutes of ads before starting movie.

We did get pampered by single screen theatre near our houseZ half the price for ticket, no ads, 4K projection, Dolby Atmos and thundering sound.

Next to these newer upgraded single screen theatres, PVR Cinepolis etc feels like low quality experience.

We did get pampered by single screen theatre near our houseZ half the price for ticket, no ads, 4K projection, Dolby Atmos and thundering sound.
Can't agree more. I can see a movie for 100Rs (Including Parking) nearby my home with a better experience than these multi-plexes.

I have stopped going to theaters. 3d movies are low in brightness and saturation and a bit blurred and 2d movies have ear deafening sound in my nearby theaters.
Agree! Every 3d movie I watched, 30% per movie without those 3d goggles. Hell with the effects at least I get to watch in proper brightness while on the glasses it's darkish and kills all the fun. So ultimately I gave up watching in 3d. Now I always prefer pure 2D old school ways.
Add this to Cinepolis in Bangalore Meenakshi mall. Went yesterday to watch Shazam. Audio was bad, there was motion blur and screen brightness was okayish. Worst part is that these chains throw 15 minutes of ads before starting movie.
This issue is too much common now. As shows run everyday on every screen they dont get time to service the screen/equipments and nobody complaints as well.
Only if public starts complaining something can happen but these days everyone is rich so nobody care for a 2k weekend splurge while compromising on quality..

When screen are new, for few months its an uber exp. but gradually everything stars sucking owing to no proper maintenance..

I heard 4DX 3D is ultra trash compared to Imax 3D. I have never watched in 4dx so cannot comment.

Last edited:
Back