Q-w-e-r-t-y

TechHead

ex-Mod
Got my Nokia e71. 20.5k retail.2 year Nokia India warranty

First impressions - damn thin, VERY well put together, and of course, a nice full QWERTY keyboard + S60 3rd edition. Really nice upgrade from the p990i :)

Am posting from office, just got it delivered here. Will post pics from home. Retail package comes with a 2GB microSD card, handsfree, adapter and a very nice carry case.

Frack;

Congrats BB; :D

Post pics ASAP; :)

PS: The thread title is certainly misleading; :p I thought u got hold of the LG QWERTY; :p

gannu said:
Frack;

Congrats BB; :D

Post pics ASAP; :)

PS: The thread title is certainly misleading; :p I thought u got hold of the LG QWERTY; :p

Bleh.. that's the Viewty :p
Leaving from office now, be back home by 7 (nice 3 KM walk :D), posting pics then.

Ouch; My bad; :ashamed:

Messa hate LG phones; :p

Oh damn just knew that the word QWERTY applies for phones with the QWERTY keypad; :p

congratulations. great phone indeed. u might just have problems configuring a pop3 email account if u use any. coz the phone doesnt allow to manually configure email accounts and it even takes pop3 account as imap4 by default. it is surely surprising nokia giving a free cover.

^^ Sorry for the OT, but don't the N series and E series have Symbian without touch screens ?

Also congrats ! 3 MP, GPS, fast processor are all great. Only thing I don't like is that the screen size has shrunk from 2.7" to 2.4" (P990i to E71)

Chaos said:
Symbian and no touchscreen... how are you managing?

Quite well, actually. All the key functions are accessible via the 4 way d-pad, which also glows for message notifications and events. Nokia *still* haven't released a t-s device, unless you count the 6708, which is a Benq rebadge anyway.

As for the smaller screen size, it isn't a deal breaker.. the Nokia menu system is far better organised than Sony-Ericsson's. And you can actually move stuff around as well, as opposed to the UIQ default of *everything* in Control Panel.

T9 + QWERTY = teh win!!1 in my opinion, it's even got full support for push email (to be expected, but still, nice to have!), and the GPS is damn fast.. getting locks within 2-3 minutes even at home!

Uploading pics this evening, and will try a short review over the weekend.

Very amazing build quality, I remember the E51. Superbly fast these latest nokia's are. If you're using this for mailing and such I'd still recommend a bluetooth keyboard...

Congrats TH. :D
Lotsa new stuffs and happenings- PARTY chahiye. :p

Just realised no pics. :O
Sharam se doob mar Tech guru. :bleh:
Actually- don't doob mar- 2 parties sound better than one. :lol:

Apologies for the late pics.

temp1.jpg

temp2.jpg

Quite thin.

played on this phone it is nice no doubt. but i found the number keys annoying to use specially the 0 button. and also the OS of the phone is like a kids phone. feel to the phone is amazing, was thinking for dad but the keys put me away

Back