OC & Modding Q6600 hits 4ghz

farookh

Disciple
Hi,

just got my Q6600 to do 4ghz on AIR using TRU120

still have to do a fresh install on the abit board so spi score should improve with a little optimization

attachment.php

my.php

Congrats man on being the first on TE to do so..

and dont lazy around now and do a fresh install and take over the SuperPi chart here lol..

Hey congrats...

OT:

shows the penryn power thats headed our way... Penryn @ 3.7GHZ did quite a bit better than this in super-pi benchies...

This is a first, congrats farookh.

@vij, that's right, the yorks are faster at the same clocks as kentsfield - 45nm power.

soggy316 said:
Excellent dude, just out of curosity - how much were you able to push the quad on stock cooling.

didn't even try the stock cooler but i think it should do just fine cause this q6600 is not like my E6600 no matter what volts i give it temps are real low whereas ne thing above 1.5v on the E66600 the temp just shoots up and cpu starts to throttle.

Good going !! but isnt 12.xx slow ?? I mean you paid a gazillion bucks for this. 11.xx was already reached right ?? by TE members itself...

Or is it tht SuperPi cant really make use of the 4 cores ?

Nikhil said:
Good going !! but isnt 12.xx slow ?? I mean you paid a gazillion bucks for this. 11.xx was already reached right ?? by TE members itself...

Or is it tht SuperPi cant really make use of the 4 cores ?

:rofl:

SuperPi is strictly single threaded. It has been like that since the last 10 years. Will be for the next ten years.

Nice going Farookh!! Congrats!

@ Nikhil, as Kido said its single threaded... but dude SuperPi diggs speed... tho its kinda relative, with CPU's capability to crunch. A64 >>> C2D we all saw how much the times improved even @ stock MHz.

Fresh install of Vista 4140MHz 460MHZ is the max i can go.
Looks like the abit is holding me back cpu still has some more hz in it.

4140ghz.jpg

KiD0M4N said:
:rofl:

SuperPi is strictly single threaded. It has been like that since the last 10 years. Will be for the next ten years.

hehe.... me noobie dude...you should know :p

Anyway thanks for the info.

Back