Queries related to passport

1. There are multiple slots which are available for particular time. You can chose the same so that the appointment is of the same time.
2. Yes, both parents are required to be there as both of their names will appear on minor's passport.
3. You can check it online for the office where you want to take the appointment.

Few questions as I have to renew my and my minor son's passport.

1. How can we both get appointment together?
2. For my son's passport, does my wife too need to be with us? Asking this since last time when it was to be applied for my younger one, and my wife alone went, they asked me to be there or she had to submit some affidavit.
3. How early should I book appointment if I plan to visit after April 16?
1. Book same slot or next slot. They will accomodate both together
2. Yes, both parents. If one cant go, need to submit affidavit. format is on passport site.
3. There is link for checking date availibility for particular PSK on passport site

Just FYI and other folks, police verification is taking a long time. atleast for me, in Mumbai, it took around 45 days for local police and then SP verification. there was an address change and some detail changes so maybe it took longer time but online, I saw lot of people complaining of delay.

i had the same issue it was stuck with police verification since a week i called up local police station they gave me commissioners office no called then told my file no then after an hour i see status changed police verfication complete :)

Ah Bangalore it was very quick. Normal passport renewal with address change was delivered in 4 days. Day 1 - Appointment, Day 2 - Police verification, Day 3 - Printed and Shipped. Day 4 - Delivered.

I just renewed my son's passport. If only 1 parent is visiting then Annexure D is to be submitted. Also if both parents passport have spouse name present then process is quick.

I just renewed my son's passport. If only 1 parent is visiting then Annexure D is to be submitted. Also if both parents passport have spouse name present then process is quick.
So Annexure D is only to be submitted if one parent is visiting? I will anyways take annexure D to be on safe side. As far as names of spouse is concerned, both of us have each other's names in our passports. I guess in that case, marriage certificate may not be needed. I will obviously still take all that because you never know what they may ask.

So Annexure D is only to be submitted if one parent is visiting? I will anyways take annexure D to be on safe side. As far as names of spouse is concerned, both of us have each other's names in our passports. I guess in that case, marriage certificate may not be needed. I will obviously still take all that because you never know what they may ask.

From Passport India FAQs:
Ideally, both the parents/legal guardian should sign Annexure ‘D’ in fresh or re-issue cases (to safeguard the interest of minor applicants). Both parents shall be present at the PSK/POPSK while applying for passport for their minor children or one parent with passports of both the parents may be present (PSK in-charge may call for other parent, if not satisfied with the signature on Annexure-D). In case either parent is resident abroad, the parent who is submitting the application in India will sign the application form and obtain the consent of other parent in Annexure-‘D’. In the cases where consent of either parent is not possible to be obtained, declaration in form of Annexure-C may be provided with applicable reason.
The essence being Annexure D is mandatory for minors. Both parents need to be present.

People in Mumbai, what documents are needed for passport verification at police station?
I just got my passport renewed and have POST verification so I guess I will get passport first and verification will happen next.

I found this website..

For residential proof, is society letter needed or we can also do with bank passbook (PPF Ok?) as mentioned.

People in Mumbai, what documents are needed for passport verification at police station?
I just got my passport renewed and have POST verification so I guess I will get passport first and verification will happen next.

I found this website..

For residential proof, is society letter needed or we can also do with bank passbook (PPF Ok?) as mentioned.
Aadhar card and Electricity bill!

I found this website..

Society letter might be needed if the house is not in your or your immediate family member's name. For eg if you're living in joint family and the house is in grandparents' or uncle's name.

Society letter might be needed if the house is not in your or your immediate family member's name. For eg if you're living in joint family and the house is in grandparents' or uncle's name.
Not at all required.

When you stay at parents place either your aadhar card got that address or some other places preferably rented house.
So you can carry your parents homes electricity bill and your registered rent agreement as well and aadhar card.

And when on rented place, registered rent agreement and aadhar card but you need to supply proof for the address shown on aadhar.

Last options...bribery!

Please ensure electricity bill, is an older one and newer one. The police guy asked me for an older bill to prove I was styaing here since long time and not recently.
He saw my flat share certificate also.

The house I stay is not in my name. It is in my Dad's name. I will take society bill which is also in his name and society letter too. Apart from this, the usual adhaar etc documents.

My wife's middle name is still her father's name as she would like to keep it as is and I respect the same. Also, its the same on her passport/aadhar/pan/pf/bank etc. everywhere.

But when I filled my passport form, I mistakenly entered my name as her middle name instead of her father's name and didn't realize that until last week on my passport.

So, I hope I can have the same corrected on passport and need to know the correction procedure.

I don't want to make changes on all her documents as it will be one hell of a headache to get it changed across.

Last edited:
Back