Query Regarding Whirpool SUD 701

RKitect

Disciple
I intend to buy SUD 701 by this weekend. I am getting a quote of 26 k from a local dealer. But i have a few queries which i am sure will be answered by members here using the same machine.

1. What is the water consumption per wash ? the dealer said that it will require around 200 litres of water per wash. If this is true can i still use it considering that i have a water tank at home having capacity of 300 litres. We get the municipal water just for 15-20 mins. In that case i can buy it only if it works with an overhead water tank.

3. Also the place ill be keeping this machine is a tittle too far from the bathroom. is it possible to somehow increase the length of the inlet and outlets. Considering that these machines are very heavy and not very mobile.

Guys need your reply fast.

Thanks

Rahul

It uses 8 litres /kg of load so if put the max of 7kg load it will consume 56 litres.

Well you can increase the outlet attach a hose pipe of large diameter ,but it should be in such a way that the outlet end of WM should be at a higher position ,alternately you hang them in the kitchen sink or wash basin .
For the inlet,you will need to find a scew in type extenstion pipe,i have no idea whether its available,otherwise you have to cut and try fitting them in a hose pipe.

Can the Guys using SUD 701 pls confirm whether this machine can be moved around. Problem is i am really short of space. so if i buy this machine , ill have to move it 5-10 feets everytime i use it. Is this actually possible ?. Pls let me know asap

Sorry for replying late, just happened to come across your post today.

No it cannot be ideally moved around. These washing machines have very high spin speeds so it is not advisable to place them on castors. They will wobble a lot, especially with imbalaced loads. I don't have a Whirploo , but a Samsung front load and I know how it wobbles(it has self-balancing feature, so it adjusts the load) when we put heavy closthes like bed sheets in it.

the dealer said no trolley is available from Whirpool. Ill have to buy a local one. If this does not work out i will have to go for a Top loading one (Which is not what i wanted to do in the first place) as they seem to be more mobile.

Back