OC & Modding Ques: Modding H100i [SOLVED]

dez

Disciple
With ref. to my other post (link), I was wondering if I could mod my current H100i so as to exclude the CPU block and a 240mm Rad from the list.

That's about it. I know that the H100i's pump isn't strong enough to power through the entire loop, so I have two options there:
1. Either completely disable it (remove pump pins by opening up the cover, while leaving the rest intact, so I keep the logo glowing!)
2. Keep it as is.

In either case, the other pump will be the primary one.

So then my list reduces down to the GPU block, pump, res, fittings and a 280mm rad.

Thoughts? Has anyone attempted something similar before?

Why not just sell the H100i and buy a good cpu block? Also I dont think the H100i rad is copper. It is most likely aluminium. In this case, you will have a lot of issues with adding another copper block to the loop. Search for mixed metals and corrosion.

Why not just sell the H100i and buy a good cpu block? Also I dont think the H100i rad is copper. It is most likely aluminium. In this case, you will have a lot of issues with adding another copper block to the loop. Search for mixed metals and corrosion.
Sell and buy is the original plan. But now that you've mentioned the mixed metals bit, it all makes sense. Thanks.

Back