Question for people who use TV as a PC Monitor

raman.bhadu

Market Restricted
Disciple
I have iFFalcon 40F2A TV using as a monitor. I have to turn on the TV from remote every time I switch on the PC. How can I prevent this so the TV gets automatically turned on as the monitors do.

I have iFFalcon 40F2A TV using as a monitor. I have to turn on the TV from remote every time I switch on the PC. How can I prevent this so the TV gets automatically turned on as the monitors do.
Most motherboards/graphics cards don't have CEC controller, so this is not doable. However, do mention what is the model of the motherboard/graphics card your TV is connected to so you can get a better answer.

For instance, even though there isn't a full fledged CEC controller built into an INTEL NUC, it can still power on/off a connected TV over HDMI.

Many TVs have a pc power management feature in their menu options. As soon as they detect no signal they go to standby mode after a brief pause like 10 secs, thereby consuming very less power and when the PC is turned back on again they wake up. I had this feature in my Sony Bravia 22" TV which is around 10 years old. It was disabled by default.

Back