Questions about Below 18, Credit/Debit Card..

Aditya

Skilled
Well, I wanted to know, which Banks offer Credit/Debit cards to people below 18?

Also, which is the best, preferably CC with no limit. But a Debit card, will be preferred by my parents, for obvious reasons :p.
Leaning more towards Debit cards..

Thanks for any help.

You can get it from ICICI and UTI i think. But it will be an addon card on your parents card. They give childrens debit card as addon for parents account and card. Check it out just in case u dont want to take the trouble ;). Its called young stars.

ICICI Bank Online

2.5K PER MONTH??? :O :O OMG!!!

You bugger will be getting more in a week than what I get in a month!!!

And you feel 2.5K is less ??? jeeez....

Um... Well.. I dont have Pocket money. But i do want to have, so that i can start saving up.

Normally i spend like 5000 - 7000 in a month :ashamed:

I want more than a Rs.2500 daily spend limit, incase i go shopping or sumthing re.
In 2500, i can only get like 1 pair of jeans and a shirt, and maybe a belt :|.

Edit : One sec, The Rs.2500 Daily spend limit is for the Intl. Card, does it apply for a normal card also? :S.

Well, I guess ill have to give ICICI a call :D.

Aditya said:
Um... Well.. I dont have Pocket money. But i do want to have, so that i can start saving up.

Normally i spend like 5000 - 7000 in a month :ashamed:

I want more than a Rs.2500 daily spend limit, incase i go shopping or sumthing re.
In 2500, i can only get like 1 pair of jeans and a shirt, and maybe a belt :|.

Edit : One sec, The Rs.2500 Daily spend limit is for the Intl. Card, does it apply for a normal card also? :S.

Well, I guess ill have to give ICICI a call :D.
OMG!!! what do you do!!! Dont tell me you pick up the tab every time you go out on a date!!!

lol....even 500-700 per month will suit me just fine :D .... I currently get 400/- from dad :p .... yeah....not a typo.... Four Hundred!!!

LOL thats what teenagers from the upper sections of the society normally spend here in Mumbai, though in coll I never used to spend over 2.5k a mth and I did enjoy my coll life to the fullest.

Lol, I don't even spend 1.5k a month :p

Though I collect it to buy h/w and go to Marriots for lunch once a month with close friends :D

Um... Well... No.. I do end up spending that much Anish :bleh:...

Even though, me and my gf dutch on dates... Even though i insist let me pay, she doesnt lemme pay for her :mad:.

^^ Then you visit temples / mosques often or what :rofl:

Its not that I don't like to spend (who doesn't :p) but I don't like asking my parents for cash, and they don't gimme pocket money cause they say "Take whatever you want anytime" and I don't like that and they know it :p Vicious cycle eh...;)

I mostly spend cash on books (Man good Engg. books cost almost 0.5k now :O) and hardware :)P) and the occasional stuff. My GF's studying in Mumbai so no need to spend on dates as yet :D !

Anyways, grossly OT, carry on Ad1 :)

IDBI had minor account scheme a while ago.

Go to the nearest IDBI bank to find out. I know they gave the visa electron debit card with the same with limit of 10k per month.

My sister had that account till few months back.

You will need your father or mother to sign an undertaking of some sort with bank and every month a statement of account will come home too.

And those who are alarmed by expense in mumbai, if you are spending 7K in mumbai its equivalent of spending 4K or less in other cities. Rics and Taxi is damn expensive here and so is everything else.

I sometimes used to end up spending 5k easily in a month without realising it. When i go other places it seems soo cheap :p

My home to station is 18-20 bucks by auto 1 way. Daily 60-70 bucks go like that in traveling only :|

Hmm, yeah that's true, I spend about 50 bucks on travelling, but still Ad1 must be very generous towards the downtrodden :eek:hyeah:

Talking abt credit cards....the best u can get is an add-on card with ur parents...you'll proabably get a limit of 40k on a silver card...which i guess is shared with the main card...
visit any of the banks like ICICI or HDFC banks online and u'll get details abt the various cards they have to offer...

I still using my mom's card...too lazy to get a credit card on my name :bleh:

And stayin in mumbai is damm expensive!! i dont have a steady gf nor do i get time to party that much....but somehow i end up spending quite a bit! :hap5:
The movie tickets , the food , travellin n everything else is just too expensive here!! :mad: :mad:

Nasik seems has everything so much cheaper than in mumbai :hap2:

See.. So I am not entirely an Overspender :D.

Though, i rarely take the Taxi/Train/Bus since I have my car ALMOST 24/7 :ashamed:.

I think an Addon Card to my Parents will be the right thing to do.

Thanks for the help guys.

Ill get right to it :).
Ill pay ICICI a Visit on Monday.. :).

Back