Android Questions on applications of Pantech Burst

Can anyone help me on the following:

1. Are there any applications for auto recording the phone calls and blacklisting the contact numbers?

I saw this application but as I am having no internet / GPRS, I am not able to use this application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androglobe.androrec

Does downloading it on PC from other site creates / gives problems like virus etc.

2. I am trying to configure MTNL Delhi GPRS on my mobile but they don't have settings for pantech. Can anyone help in it too.

3. What are the main uses of rooting the phone and can it also make the phone dead?

4. What applications are not at all usefull in India which are set by default on the phone and how to remove them (without rooting) or just stopping them from the applications will do the job?

5. I have installed Avast on my mobile but am not able to update it as I don't have gprs, is there any offline update avlb. for avast for mobile security?

Make an apn with the setting
mtnl.net
and save and select that setting.
That is all you need.
Other than that there are many apps available for your phone which can record or block contacts. Search around at the play store.

Make an apn with the setting
mtnl.net
and save and select that setting.
That is all you need.
Other than that there are many apps available for your phone which can record or block contacts. Search around at the play store.

I did'nt get you as how to make an apn. As told earlier, net is not working so can't use play store.....

go in settings--> mobile networks--access points-- choose the left touch pad button and select make new apn

in the APN enter mtnl.net

again touch the left extreme touch pad button

and select save.

before that make sure if you save set your mobile data to off.
if off turn it on

go in settings--> mobile networks--access points-- choose the left touch pad button and select make new apn

in the APN enter mtnl.net

again touch the left extreme touch pad button

and select save.

before that make sure if you save set your mobile data to off.
if off turn it on

Thanks it is done. But please also answer other queries above.....

Search in play store

rooting gives you the option to backup your phone for apps or settings.

Will be helpful if custom roms creates a mess

custom roms for burst have generally removed the unnecessary apps.
Start with gizmolord v4 rc7 rom .

Search in play store

rooting gives you the option to backup your phone for apps or settings.

Will be helpful if custom roms creates a mess

custom roms for burst have generally removed the unnecessary apps.
Start with gizmolord v4 rc7 rom .

Backup of the phone can also be done via Pantech PC application then why should I use any other software for it....

Secondly I don't want to use GPRS as the charges are high so I am trying to find out applications for installation via PC....

well buying an android and not using internet on it, does not compliment each other.

you would have been better off with some other device than an android.

Back