Skilled
Looking to buy a QWERTY phone below 5K
MAIN REQUIREMENTS:-
1] Excellent Voice Clarity
2] Phone book of 1000 entries [with multiple fields would be great]
3] My service provider is Vodafone & I am from Mumbai
4] No China stuff

A CANDID CONFESSION:
My existing phone was Nokia E61i - It's D.E.A.D today [display] after 3&1/2 years I paid 16K for it then :-( - Never utilised it's features at all. And now, for the past 3 month's I have totally stopped using the net on my phone.

Truth be told - I thot of going in for an android 2.2 & was willing to push my budget to 13K [LG Optimus One P500; Samsung Galaxy Ace; HTC Wildfire S]. BUT Then I thought why BLOW up so much for all these features that have ONLY a "feel-good" factor. I have easy access to the internet both at home and work [not bothered about emails on the fly] - SO WHY SPEND SO MUCH ON THE LATEST GIZMO'S.

IF MY MAIN USE OF A CELL-PHONE IS
1. To make/receive CALLS
2. SMS

I do not need anything else - NO CAMERA [I have a Nikon D5000 to take care of pics]; No 3G; RADIO; No Facebook; No Chats

Lastly let me confess, in the last 8-9 years that I have been using cell phones [Nokia; Nokia; Sony Ericsson & Nokia ] I never ever had the satisfaction of "voice clarity" on any of these phones [MTNL Dolphin was my service provider till 3 months ago - NOW I switched to Vodafone. I used the 3G services of MTNL for 3 years..... I must have spent over 50K on these phones!!!! What For - I stop to think!! The life-span of my earlier phones was 2-3 years MAX.

THE MAIN PURPOSE OF A CELL PHONE IS TO MAKE CALLS & SMS. PERIOD.

Please help me guys
Terry

tommy_vercetti said:
I did not know 3 years back we had 3G on MTNL
Dude BSNL & MTNL were the first to launch 3G services in India. The leader advantage that they had was totally lost by way of their "lackadaisical attitude & mediocre services".

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Any Samsung phones?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Looks like it's gonna be the Nokia X2 for me.....and quick suggestions between X2 & C3 [price difference is almost +2200] other than that any other advantages.

Nokia X2-01 is the best in this range. Looks really good in White/Grey colour. Buy it through LetsBuy with the RCOMLB1 coupon to avail the best offer! If needed a Samsung, try the Samsung Chat.

Nokia X2-01 it is. Very good Qwerty keyboard - almost rivaling high-end E63/E71 series. And at sub 3K price it is a steal. Build quality is very good for a sub-3K phone. If not convinced, check it at a local store, and then buy online from letsbuy.

Back