QWERTY Slider with GPS

chiron

Skilled
I'm not scared of customization but would prefer a phone which becomes really intutive to use once everything is set up properly.

1. Q: Budget?

A: 8 to 13k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Slider

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: QWERTY

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G (Wifi not necessary but preferred)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Calls, GPS, Browsing

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Dual sim would be good.

Also, though they aren't qwerty, how good is the browsing on the SE Elm/Nokia C5 or E5/E73? If those are good enough for checking mail/forums etc then I'm willing to consider them too.

Updated my requirements... have put off buying a phone for a long time now and so am planning to get one this week itself.

I'm not scared of customization but would prefer a phone which becomes really intutive to use once everything is set up properly.

1. Q: Budget?

A: 8 to 15k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Slider Bar

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: QWERTY

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G, Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Calls, GPS, Browsing

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Dual sim would be good. Durable, if possible waterproof.

The price is kinda steep for the Defy Plus but its the only phone suiting my requirements... any good deals for it online? The best I could find is 16.5k on infibeam. I can also buy from blore if its cheaper(~15k) and with proper warranty.

Defy Mini and Galaxy Xcover don't seem to be available online.

If you still on your old requirement, check out the Xperia mini pro which has 1ghz proccy with qwerty slider keypad.

Else as per your new requirement, check the Xperia active which suits you.

Else as per your new requirement, check the Xperia active which suits you.

Xperia Active is perfect for me(especially smaller screen as compared to Defy+) but the price seems to be ~ 19k which is kinda steep
<
I wouldn't even have bothered bumping this thread if it was selling for 13-14k odd which seems to be the right price for it considering the specs.

Will post back once I decided on a phone and buy it.

Back