1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Moving cities
  • Product Name: Thrustmaster T300RS GT Edition Racing Wheel
  • Expected Price: Rs 25000
  • Shipping charges - At Buyer's Risk/would prefer local pickup.
  • Manufacturer page URL: https://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t300rs-gt-edition/
  • Description if any: The Wheel is not even a year old, used with utmost care, and is in pristine condition. Also, this gives more of a SIM wheel feel rather than a toy wheel feel, thanks to the strong force feedback and non-plasticy feel.
  • Reason for Sale: Shiting Cities, trying to offload heavy items.
  • Product condition: 10 out of 10
  • Purchase Date: 23.12.2021
  • Remaining Warranty period: 3
  • Warranty available in: Amazon Page says 1 year warranty, however on this forum and other spaces there has been a debate about no warranty on Thrustmaster products. But, as Amazon says 1 year warranty and you have a legit invoice from Amazon, I guess something can be figured out, so it is difficult to comment if warranty is available in India or how it has to be claimed, just in case. If anyone has deeper knowledge/experience on the subject, please feel free to chime in.
  • Invoice Available: Yes

Attachments

• 20220930_203703.jpg
    20220930_203703.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 20220930_203716.jpg
    20220930_203716.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 20220930_203728.jpg
    20220930_203728.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 20220930_203735.jpg
    20220930_203735.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 20220930_203752.jpg
    20220930_203752.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 20220930_203801.jpg
    20220930_203801.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 228
  • Racing wheel invoice.jpg
    Racing wheel invoice.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 242
I emailed Thrustmaster about the warranty and they said they do not have warranty or service partners in India and the retailer is responsible for any warranty or service. Cloudtail was selling this on Amazon and now the company is now shut down. So there goes the warranty.

I wanted to buy this one over Logitech so bad, but settled for G29 after the warranty scare.

I emailed Thrustmaster about the warranty and they said they do not have warranty or service partners in India and the retailer is responsible for any warranty or service. Cloudtail was selling this on Amazon and now the company is now shut down. So there goes the warranty.

I wanted to buy this one over Logitech so bad, but settled for G29 after the warranty scare.
I definitely have not researched the subject as much as you did. But, I am sure if it was the case with me and a warranty ****up happens, I would not hesitate from Dragging Amazon to court, and naming and shaming over Twitter. Because, we all know even Cloudtail was run by amazon, if they write 1-year warranty on their page, which to my surprise is written even if I search for this product today, they gotta bear some responsibility for it, no matter what.

• Warranty available in: Amazon Page says 1 year warranty, however on this forum and other spaces there has been a debate about no warranty on Thrustmaster products. But, as Amazon says 1 year warranty and you have a legit invoice from Amazon, I guess something can be figured out, so it is difficult to comment if warranty is available in India or how it has to be claimed, just in case. If anyone has deeper knowledge/experience on the subject, please feel free to chime in
Hey, registered just to reply to this. Since there's no Thrustmaster service centre in India, seller is responsible for dealing with warranty issues.

In case you face any issues, you'll have to contact Thrustmaster's support first on their website. They'll have you do some tests to make sure it's a hardware and not a software issue. If it's the former, they'll send you a mail saying you have to return it to the seller you bought from (Amazon refers to this as Service Denied letter). Here's my experience with a set of flight sim hardware

RMA 1: When Cloud Tail was owned by Amazon:-

Opened a ticket on Amazon, uploaded Invoice, P-slip (downloaded from your Amazon orders page) and screenshot of "Service Denied" letter from TM support. Amazon's technical team accepted the return for request easily enough, however this was during a lockdown last summer so I asked them to delay the pickup date until it was lifted.

Item was picked up, and refund processed in a few days. I placed an order for another set.

RMA 2: When Cloud Tail split from Amazon:-

The second set lasted 4-5 months I think, the potentiometers went bad again. Searching online, tons of people seemed to have the same problem. It wasn't a defective piece or quality control problem. They just use crappy potentiometers that will go bad in a few months and you have to do the RMA dance again.

As before, I contacted TM support, got the "Service Denied" letter [Dec, 2021]
Opened a ticket with Amazon. They tell me about the split and send me off to Cloud Tail
I emailed cloudtail, and they ask for all the documentation again, they say they will revert in a few days
A month goes by with no reply from CT, even after me emailing them again. Finally they say Amazon will handle this return, not them

I reopen a ticket on Amazon. This time they give me the runaround, saying this document is missing, that screenshot is blurry, just BS reasons basically
And keep in mind that each reply from them will take 5 business days (1 week actual), and you're supposeed to call them back.
And each time, you get to a different person and have to explain the entire history of your reason for return, and then they say they will call back after 5 more days (1 week actual), but not once did the call actually come.
After 3-4 months of this, I got fed up of all this. Called them "after 5 days" and the guy had the audacity to ask me to explain everything again.
Also note that I asked them repeatedly to email me a sumamry after each interaction, and not once did they actually do that: essentially they leave no paper trail of the phone/chat conversations
I declined to jump through their hoops, told him that I was recording the call, and to connect me to a supervisor.
Supervisor got on the phone, informed him that I was recording the call, asked her why this was taking so long, she blames the "technical team", ands asks me to call back after 5 more days ™
I told him in no uncertain terms that I will not be calling them again. He's got 24 hrs to refund before I would approach the consumer court, and hung up

And those were the magic words that put them into action. Next day I get a message from Amazon saying my refund has been initiated and should reflect in my bank a/c.

Spoiler: the refund didn't show up in my a/c after 3 days

Called them again, spoke to a supervisor, she was like go ask your stupid bank where the money went, we have sent it so our job is done.
I was like, ok, give me a transaction reference number and I will follow up with the bank on that basis.
Silence.
I ask again and she said she was not able to give that info.
She was still adamant that the bank was at fault.
I'd run out of patience at this point, so I told either give me the transaction number right now, or I'm going to a lawyer straight away and filling a case of fraud against Amazon.

Lo and behold, I get another message from Amazon that my refund was initiated and this time I confimed it with my bank <24 hrs later [Mar/Apr 2022]

TLDR:
Don't buy ThrustMaster products, or other brands that don't have service centre in India, like Sabrent (they asked me to ship it to US to claim warranty, and I would have to bear shipping charges both ways lol)
Don't be afraid to threaten Amazon customer care you'll approach Consumer Court/Forum/INGRAM
Don't wait beyond a week or two for your refund to show up from the seller.
Follow through on your threat, they just want to hang on to your money, interest free, for as long as possible. [No transaction number = no refund. Do not be lenient towards them]

Last edited:
Hey, registered just to reply to this. Since there's no Thrustmaster service centre in India, seller is responsible for dealing with warranty issues.

In case you face any issues, you'll have to contact Thrustmaster's support first on their website. They'll have you do some tests to make sure it's a hardware and not a software issue. If it's the former, they'll send you a mail saying you have to return it to the seller you bought from (Amazon refers to this as Service Denied letter). Here's my experience with a set of flight sim hardware

RMA 1: When Cloud Tail was owned by Amazon:-

Opened a ticket on Amazon, uploaded Invoice, P-slip (downloaded from your Amazon orders page) and screenshot of "Service Denied" letter from TM support. Amazon's technical team accepted the return for request easily enough, however this was during a lockdown last summer so I asked them to delay the pickup date until it was lifted.

Item was picked up, and refund processed in a few days. I placed an order for another set.

RMA 2: When Cloud Tail split from Amazon:-

The second set lasted 4-5 months I think, the potentiometers went bad again. Searching online, tons of people seemed to have the same problem. It wasn't a defective piece or quality control problem. They just use crappy potentiometers that will go bad in a few months and you have to do the RMA dance again.

As before, I contacted TM support, got the "Service Denied" letter [Dec, 2021]
Opened a ticket with Amazon. They tell me about the split and send me off to Cloud Tail
I emailed cloudtail, and they ask for all the documentation again, they say they will revert in a few days
A month goes by with no reply from CT, even after me emailing them again. Finally they say Amazon will handle this return, not them

I reopen a ticket on Amazon. This time they give me the runaround, saying this document is missing, that screenshot is blurry, just BS reasons basically
And keep in mind that each reply from them will take 5 business days (1 week actual), and you're supposeed to call them back.
And each time, you get to a different person and have to explain the entire history of your reason for return, and then they say they will call back after 5 more days (1 week actual), but not once did the call actually come.
After 3-4 months of this, I got fed up of all this. Called them "after 5 days" and the guy had the audacity to ask me to explain everything again.
Also note that I asked them repeatedly to email me a sumamry after each interaction, and not once did they actually do that: essentially they leave no paper trail of the phone/chat conversations
I declined to jump through their hoops, told him that I was recording the call, and to connect me to a supervisor.
Supervisor got on the phone, informed him that I was recording the call, asked her why this was taking so long, she blames the "technical team", ands asks me to call back after 5 more days ™
I told him in no uncertain terms that I will not be calling them again. He's got 24 hrs to refund before I would approach the consumer court, and hung up

And those were the magic words that put them into action. Next day I get a message from Amazon saying my refund has been initiated and should reflect in my bank a/c.

Spoiler: the refund didn't show up in my a/c after 3 days

Called them again, spoke to a supervisor, she was like go ask your stupid bank where the money went, we have sent it so our job is done.
I was like, ok, give me a transaction reference number and I will follow up with the bank on that basis.
Silence.
I ask again and she said she was not able to give that info.
She was still adamant that the bank was at fault.
I'd run out of patience at this point, so I told either give me the transaction number right now, or I'm going to a lawyer straight away and filling a case of fraud against Amazon.

Lo and behold, I get another message from Amazon that my refund was initiated and this time I confimed it with my bank <24 hrs later [Mar/Apr 2022]

TLDR:
Don't buy ThrustMaster products, or other brands that don't have service centre in India, like Sabrent (they asked me to ship it to US to claim warranty, and I would have to bear shipping charges both ways lol)
Don't be afraid to threaten Amazon customer care you'll approach Consumer Court/Forum/INGRAM
Don't wait beyond a week or two for your refund to show up from the seller.
Follow through on your threat, they just want to hang on to your money, interest free, for as long as possible. [No transaction number = no refund. Do not be lenient towards them]
That is quite some poor experience and definitely a lot of headache for you. Fingers crossed that nothing went wrong in my case.

So, I shall find it making sense to offer a 3 days testing warranty upon delivery, just to ensure from my end the point that product is working fine when I put it up for sale, and hopefully shall continue to do so.

This is anyway a desperate move-out sale, once I have transported it with rest of my gear, I don't think I would be too keen on selling it off. That is just my side of story, I am not denying your experience or anything here.

@ankur1211 & prospective buyers: I wouldn't worry about the pedal potentiometers going bad. You can buy replacement sensors online from EU/US and swap them out with minimum effort. If you want to upgrade to load cell (brake) or hall sensors (clutch/throttle), those options are available too. So if this is a product you had your eyes on, go for it. My post was to just share my experience with Amazon for claiming warranty, not to rain on this sale thread or even this particular product (which I have never used)

For flight sim stuff, they used some weird size potentiometer, which was soldered on, so sensor replacement wasn't an (easy) option, and more importantly it didn't even last half a year. But the magnetic sensor (like the one present in this wheel) showed absolutely no problem at all, and should pretty much last for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back