FS: Others {EXPERT HELP NEEDED FOR HDD ISSUE} Raspberry Pi 4, WD 1 TB & WD 4 TB NAS HDD with Case (All Need to Go) + Freebie

Status
Not open for further replies.

montsa007

Adept
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Mumbai
Item Condition
4 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Feb 1, 2021
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Nil
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
NAS Project is Completed, Moving to SSD Setup
Hello,

Selling the below 3 Items

Will include vinyl decals of your name free of cost so you can personalize your stuff (Upto 4.5 inches long), 19 colors
Ok with slight nego, no lowballing though.

---

Name : WD 4 TB Nasware HDD + Orico HDD Case (NAS Project is completed, the item is no longer needed), don't remember the purchase date but well over 5 years maybe more

Price : 5500 (New 11K HDD + 2K Orico 3.5 Inch Case Both on Amazon) Khatam, Tata, Bye Bye, Good Bye Gaya to @thechordmaster

Warranty : No warranty left, 1 week testing warranty from my side.

Shipping : Due to nature of the product, super gentle handling by courier & current monsoon in Mumbai local pickup only. If it has to be shipped will be at buyers risk, DOA claim will not be entertained, happy to let you check it via Teamviewer/Anydesk if you like will pack well from my end.

Condition : 4 on 5 (Works fine & looks ok)

Any additional info : Soft formatted, was used as a media storage while it was used in NAS then purchased the orico case & hooked up with Pi for some time. The original power brick given with orico doesn't work with the orico case for some reason, the power brick it's still tied the way it was, will provide the one I used & the original one.

---

Name : Raspberry Pi 4 Model 4 with 4 GB Ram (Got it somewhere in late 2019 from robu.in to make my epson L361 wireless, have sold the printer for a wireless one & pi is no longer needed)

Price : 3500 (5.2K for Pi alone, other accessories extra on Robu dot in) Khatam, tata, goodbye, gaya to @wakkun

Warranty : No warranty remaining, 1 week testing warranty from my side. Can get the invoice if required, wont be of much use though?

Shipping : Can be shipped, will pack well.

Condition : 4 on 5 (Just some dust, mumbai weather :\)

Any additional info : Acrylic case, power adapter, fan, copper heatsinks (installed) & 16GB Micro SD Card included (Pi OS is installed, you'll have to figure out the formatting as I somehow managed to install it when I got it :p as am not a command line person). Ports have very minor corrosion due to mumbai's weather & close proximity of seashore nothing that stops the functioning of the product.

---

Name : WD 1 TB HDD (Moving to SSD for business purpose as do not want to rely on HDD in case it fails) pretty sure purchased over 5+ years ago

Price : 1000 (New 3.8K Amazon) Khatam, Tata, Bye Bye, Good Bye Gaya to @thechordmaster

Warranty : No warranty left, 1 week testing warranty from my side

Shipping : Due to nature of the product, super gentle handling by courier & current monsoon in Mumbai local pickup only. If it has to be shipped will be at buyers risk, DOA claim will not be entertained, happy to let you check it via Teamviewer/Anydesk if you like will pack well from my end.

Condition : 3.5 on 5 (Just some dust & very minor rusting on the cable, mumbai climate taking its toll what can I say)

Any additional info : Comes with the cable, plug & play
-----

Am happy to do any additional tests you want, am not too hardcore into tech let me know the software name. Local pickup is preferred, can pack it well for shipping but will be at buyers risk & expense, no DOA claim will be entertained :(, you can check the drives via Teamviewer/Anydesk before I pack them.

Can provide more photos if required.

Cash or online transfer both are fine, either cases a partial pre-payment required to book/block.

Pi.jpgPi Open.jpgPi-Back.jpg4 TB Back.jpg4 TB Top.jpg4 TB.jpgWD HDD Frony.jpgWD HDD.jpgScreenshot 2022-06-30 104130.pngScreenshot 2022-06-30 105733.png

Last edited:
Interested in Pi
You are the 4th guy to DM me, not sure why Pi is a hot property :p

Have replied back, do not want a scenario where 2 guys pay for a product :)

Product can be packed & shipped asap.
---
Edit : Pi sold to @wakkun will ship tomorrow & update

Edit 2 : (Shipping tomorrow assuming we figure out the vinyl decals to be cut :))

Last edited:
Wait... I thought you sold to someone who contacted before. I'm not entirely sure when I contacted but the time of my DM is before the post of the person here you sold to.

Well, you're entitled to sell who you wish to but if you say it's available in DM and give me payment details, at least reply to me when I confirm your name to check if it's the right person I'm paying to? I don't wanna send money to the wrong person accidentally then get in a whole other mess.

Wait... I thought you sold to someone who contacted before. I'm not entirely sure when I contacted but the time of my DM is before the post of the person here you sold to.

Well, you're entitled to sell who you wish to but if you say it's available in DM and give me payment details, at least reply to me when I confirm your name to check if it's the right person I'm paying to? I don't wanna send money to the wrong person accidentally then get in a whole other mess.
Both messaged simultaneously, wakkun made the payment first with better offer.
In case of double payment, would be happy to refund back :)

Ref : https://techenclave.com/threads/custom-vinyl-decals.206185/post-2372018
Sold both drives to @thechordmaster
Payment received, have requested to help with the details of decals required so I can complete cutting & pack everything together.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Have created Delhivery Pickup request for @thechordmaster & @wakkun have shared the manifest generated by delhivery.
Complimentary Decals were cut & shared with both buyers
Feedback has been left from my side :)
Products will be packed today & picked up tomorrow by Delhivery.

Sharing 1 decal image as its a generic one

Void-Warranty.jpg

Products were packed yesterday evening, photos & videos shared with buyers.
Both items have been picked up by Delhivery some time back, have informed both buyers about it.
---
Edit : 6th Jul @ 10.21 AM
HDD's are out for delivery today, just received a mail from Delhivery, have informed buyer about it.
Pi estimated delivery date is 9th Jul, have informed the buyer already.

Last edited:
Both HDD's received by @thechordmaster as confirmed yesterday
WDD 1TB works perfectly fine, WD Nasware 4TB is not working, Orico case in which the drive was hooked up works.
Trying with the best of my knowledge to help him out with methods to power the drive as we had a No DOA claim deal.
If anyone has suggestions please do help out.

As per our discussion,
We have tried putting another hard drive in the orico case (works)
Tried plugging the WD HDD directly in Sata port (Does not work)

Any suggestions will be of help.

Please post them here : https://techenclave.com/threads/issue-with-hdd-shipped-to-a-user-will-not-power-on.207220/

Last edited:
I’m guessing the platter couldn’t have been damaged since it was in the case. The only possibility I can think of is there was a slight play between the enclosure and hdd sata ports that could have damaged the sata pins on the hdd during transit. If this is the case, can it somehow be fixed?

I’m guessing the platter couldn’t have been damaged since it was in the case. The only possibility I can think of is there was a slight play between the enclosure and hdd sata ports that could have damaged the sata pins on the hdd during transit. If this is the case, can it somehow be fixed?
Hi Mate,

have opened a separate thread as i am guessing mods may ask to do the same.

Thread Link : https://techenclave.com/threads/issue-with-hdd-shipped-to-a-user-will-not-power-on.207220/

Received RPI4 today, tested and it works great. Thanks for the awesome deal.

The vinyl stickers were a great bonus too and professionally made.

Received RPI4 today, tested and it works great. Thanks for the awesome deal.

The vinyl stickers were a great bonus too and professionally made.
Thank you mate, I hope you enjoy the stickers & come back for moar!!
Do leave the feedback so Pie part of the deal is marked as complete!!

Edit : Oops, already left feedback :D

Mods deal is done, kindly put a lock on the thread.
@thechordmaster Request to leave feedback, I understand the HDD was damaged but we agreed on a no DOA claim deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back