Raspberry pi

Just got msg from silverline

Hi. Raspberry pi 4 4gb, pi 4 8gb, zero 2w, will be available in limited stock on www.silverlineelectronics.in . Limited quantity will be available at 12 noon on 2/09/2022. Price and other details on the site

4gb is Rs. 4,700.00
silverline, ,, umm.. i don't want to trust them, post covid they went down the drain. no professionalism left, if you call them they act like rowdy auto-walas (too rude - as if they caught you dating their sista).
I wasted almost 2 month trying to buy from them and later went with pibox,
I do not like any fu*in food-grain-ration system, or in better words "flash sale". i hate this system, should be discouraged.
my money their product, and now why I waste my time on top of it?

those pricing is lie, we have to pay GST on top of it. 8gig will cost 9k+ with basic accessories.
Wonder if I should shelve my plans for getting an audio hat for my pi ad sell it of the rpi 4gb I have
its only 1500/- in silverline only,. why thinking if you need one .

edit: Damn , i thought i will link the DAC hat for you, but it seem their website got cancer. it was earlier under pi-hat section, 3 models. the 1500 rs one was good for your need.

Last edited:
silverline, ,, umm.. i don't want to trust them, post covid they went down the drain. no professionalism left, if you call them they act like rowdy auto-walas (too rude - as if they caught you dating their sista).
I wasted almost 2 month trying to buy from them and later went with pibox,
I do not like any fu*in food-grain-ration system, or in better words "flash sale". i hate this system, should be discouraged.
my money their product, and now why I waste my time on top of it?

those pricing is lie, we have to pay GST on top of it. 8gig will cost 9k+ with basic accessories.

its only 1500/- in silverline only,. why thinking if you need one .

edit: Damn , i thought i will link the DAC hat for you, but it seem their website got cancer. it was earlier under pi-hat section, 3 models. the 1500 rs one was good for your need.
out of stock sir

out of stock sir
damn... i guess they had few last stock which they bundled as package.
no point buying in amazon for 10-15k, rather get a HP thinclient or something in that budget - where one can even upgrade RAM/HDD, with only down-side thinclient will use 60watts of power instead of 5w of SBCs.

damn... i guess they had few last stock which they bundled as package.
no point buying in amazon for 10-15k, rather get a HP thinclient or something in that budget - where one can even upgrade RAM/HDD, with only down-side thinclient will use 60watts of power instead of 5w of SBCs.
I wanted that audio thingies only just to play music on my altec lansing mx 5021 . Guess not worth spending so much..my samsung a52s with dual speakers is good enough.

Don't know about the quality of the Iqaudio but the quality of Allo is good. I used to connect this Dac with Bluetooth for music. For movies there is a lag.

The boss dac is excellent, the boss2 which I have now is even better, actually as good as you'll ever need IMHO.
The boss2 is very clean sounding but a bit too lean. I am comparing it to the PCM5122 and and ES9023 dacs which were less expensive than the Boss2. After pairing the Boss2 with a DIY pre-amp it seems better than when directly connected to the power amplifier

The boss2 is very clean sounding but a bit too lean. I am comparing it to the PCM5122 and and ES9023 dacs which were less expensive than the Boss2. After pairing the Boss2 with a DIY pre-amp it seems better than when directly connected to the power amplifier
That's strange, I also have a diy pre and power amps, I find it much more articulate and bass has more control. I definitely wouldn't call it lean.

I have a pass b1 buffer, volume control is a relay/resistor ladder and power amps are ljm l15d, I'm a class D convert!

That's strange, I also have a diy pre and power amps, I find it much more articulate and bass has more control. I definitely wouldn't call it lean.

I have a pass b1 buffer, volume control is a relay/resistor ladder and power amps are ljm l15d, I'm a class D convert!
For me the ES9023 sounded richer by several notches compared Boss2. My pre-amplifier is PeeCeeBee pre-amp and power amplifier is TPA3255EVM. I had a Schitt Modi 2 Uber (with Daphile) a short time and that was definitely smoother and articulate than the Boss2 (with Moode)

For me the ES9023 sounded richer by several notches compared Boss2. My pre-amplifier is PeeCeeBee pre-amp and power amplifier is TPA3255EVM. I had a Schitt Modi 2 Uber (with Daphile) a short time and that was definitely smoother and articulate than the Boss2 (with Moode)
Interesting, I'm well aware of Shaan's work, with his amps and preamps, also the TI Class D boards. Maybe because I'm a studio guy and very accustomed to listening and manipulating audio at a reference level, it's actually painful sometimes with my acute level of hearing (not a joke, actually torture).

Possibly true. Or maybe just trying to get rid of accessories stock.
~₹630 more as compared to the promised silverline price of ~ 6,400 pre-GST (if one can score a card) - this seems to be the rough breakup:

~ 8,300 for the 8 GB Pi including GST (~ 7033 pre-GST)
~ 750 for the official usb-c power supply
~ 399 for the official case
~ 400 for the Sandisk 16GB Class 10 Memory Card
~ 250 for the Micro to standard HDMI cable
~ -100 discount somewhere

Still much better than the places asking for 14k to 9.4k for just the Pi 8GB.
Also there seems to be no order limit like one per customer per month; I just put in a few orders for my cluster project.

But my gut says they might call me and cancel my order saying it was showing stock by mistake.
Edit: They had done this earlier so I was skeptical but this time it's been shipped.

Raspberry pi 4 4gb, pi 4 8gb, zero 2w, will be available in limited stock on www.silverlineelectronics.in . Limited quantity will be available at 12 noon on 2/09/2022. Price and other details on the site

4gb is Rs. 4,700.00
Did anyone manage to get this? I tried but couldn't see it in stock.

Last edited:
Back