Raxda Rock 5B SBC pool buying/import

rehankumar

Disciple
I have been thinking of buying Rock 5B, wanted to know if anyone else is interested in importing it when it releases (in a month or so)
It's a pretty powerful SBC with 2.5 Gbit ethernet and pcie gen 3x4 slot for nvme along with RK3588 SoC (similar to SD 855+/865 in performance) and 8k video encode/decode

Sorry if it's the wrong place to post/ask this

I would have been interested if not for the delays and the landing cost. The highest version is around 17.5k. They were supposed to ship the first production batch in August. Pre-orders are open here alongwith more info -

I would have been interested if not for the delays and the landing cost. The highest version is around 17.5k. They were supposed to ship the first production batch in August. Pre-orders are open here alongwith more info -
Allnet china Costs come to around $105 (excluding shipping and taxes) for 8 GB variant with pre order coupon, though seems like they don't offer pre order discount anymore

The extra coupon I had is already taken by @aveekbhat

Link and do they ship to India ?
No they don't, though i have used freight forwarding services to order previous models from them

No they don't, though i have used freight forwarding services to order previous models from them

So no link to preorder. I suppose they closed it for now ?

The second link is the preorder link, you needed to pay $5 to book it (which also gave $50 discount coupon), remaining amount needs to be paid when the product starts shipping
All I see is what is attached. There is no link to pre-order. I suppose it requires a login.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-091509.png
    Screenshot_20220906-091509.png
    509.9 KB · Views: 99
All I see is what is attached. There is no link to pre-order. I suppose it requires a login.
Ah, I suppose as it says in the screenshot the pre order discount was only till 22nd July
Only way to buy from there would be when it releases (for those who did not pre order)

For those who paid the $5 will get an email from allnetchina when order is ready to be shipped, along with the payment link

Is there any benefit in buying this SBC, rather than buying let's say a used Asus Chromebox 3 (i7-8550u/8GB/512GB) for 25k which will cost me around 25k and I think the SBC will cost me same when I purchase the case, fan, a nvme SSD and the connector as Radxa in all their wisdom think that a thin protruding part is inviolable.

Where can you buy one ?
Probably the renewed ones on Amazon.
Is there any benefit in buying this SBC, rather than buying let's say a used Asus Chromebox 3 (i7-8550u/8GB/512GB) for 25k which will cost me around 25k and I think the SBC will cost me same when I purchase the case, fan, a nvme SSD and the connector as Radxa in all their wisdom think that a thin protruding part is inviolable.
A lot of people purchase these SBCs and then try to use them as media centres or mini PCs, which is not what a lot of them are aimed at. If you are clear with your use case, you can probably find better options.

Probably the renewed ones on Amazon.

A lot of people purchase these SBCs and then try to use them as media centres or mini PCs, which is not what a lot of them are aimed at. If you are clear with your use case, you can probably find better options.
RPi advertises them as such.

For many I think it's something new to play with, plus it's difficult to beat the efficiency and size of these ARM SBCs (I already have an Intel NUC8i5)

Definitely too expensive at the original price though (around 22k after shipping and taxes for 8 GB variant without SSD) but I was able to get it for a much cheaper price

RPi advertises them as such.
Actually they never advertise it as such. The vision/mission is focused on education, especially coding for kids at home and school.

Enthusiasts put it to different uses because of its cheap cost. It is a great maker tool but definitely not the best option as media/retro gaming centre.

Actually they never advertise it as such. The vision/mission is focused on education, especially coding for kids at home and school.

Enthusiasts put it to different uses because of its cheap cost. It is a great maker tool but definitely not the best option as media/retro gaming centre.
I think you forgot about RPi 400 or something like RPi 4 desktop kit which they advertise on their website.

Is Aliexpress delivering Orange Pi 5 to India ? It says on their website.
Or maybe ordering it using buyandship will be a cheaper option.

Back