Razer Blackwidow Mechanical Keyboard - Super Awesome :)

BikeAdvice

Disciple
After seeing a lot of reviews on youtube i finally decided to buy the razer BlackWidow Mechanical keyboard. Not for gaming though. I liked the mechanical key concept and since I type a lot (I am a blogger) I decided to get myself the most affordable mechanical keyboard. Though I found many good deals on the online stores I bought from ebay for Rs.4300 on a 6 months EMI.

Typing feels great and the clicky sound is hated by my family member(s) but other than that my keyboard is perfect. The space bar could have been a little more sturdy as the other keys though. I can type much faster and with less effort on the "typing" and more of my concentration goes to the thought train.

Ask anything you want to know about this. I recommend this to anyone who types for 2+ hours per day. IMO, the backlight edition is not worth it because it is just too costly for 3 additional features which is not that important.

[attachment=9748:16525.attach]

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 165
Congrats but IMO the ultimate edition is worth it just for that awesome backlight. For insomniacs like me, backlight is a must have feature in a high end keyboard.

aww why no ultimate version.the ultimate version was actually my 1st choice but didnt have the dough for it so settled for the lycosa mirror.but yeah mechanical owns everything! cheers for the purchase.

^Hey ... same here. I was so tempted to get the widow ultimate but it was too pricey and at last even I had to settle for a lycosa mirror. But now when I look back, I feel I should have invested 2k more and got the ultimate instead, the lycosa mirror sure looks pretty but build quality wise its pretty average, I have already lost half the functionality of the touch panel. :(

6k+ for a keyboard is being frowned upon every member in my family. So I convinced myself that backlight is not that important.

Click, click, click, I am lovin' it :D

hmm i would like to know is there an issue of the keys sticking together like most of the ppl have reported on ytube and other forums !

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

I can feel that the spacebar key is a little sticky and locks when compared to other keys. It feels uncomfortable to press some 30-40% of the time. Can I RMA my keyboard? Does razer provide a replacement?

^its a global problem with the blackwidow.. every1 has the extact same problem and even with rma'd keyboard its the same issue.. unless u fix it ur self watching ytube..

X-Gamer said:
^its a global problem with the blackwidow.. every1 has the extact same problem and even with rma'd keyboard its the same issue.. unless u fix it ur self watching ytube..

I watched a youtube video and it is not very clear. I tried searching for more videos and could find any. Would be great if someone can post a video if they repaired it.

Why does such an amazing keyboard isn't perfect. Same frustration with Dell U2410 - great product with backlight bleeding. Had to RMA it.

I really wish that more manufacturers get into the manufacture of mechanical keyboards. I am a fan of Microsoft input devices and was using the Natural Ergonomic keyboard for a few years until I fell in love with mechanical keyboards.

Anyway, it would be great if someone can give me the contact details of RMA centre in Chennai as I would be visiting Chennai soon.

well there are other mechanical keyboards.. you can look into this too if you like it "Ozone Strike Mechanical Gaming Keyboard" its just launched....

and i cant find a link to the video i had watched.. in that video the guy had removed the space bar and sanded down the edge which was sticking to the alt key and then it was fine again.. try to look it up...

X-Gamer said:
hmm i would like to know is there an issue of the keys sticking together like most of the ppl have reported on ytube and other forums !

AFAIK, there is no stickiness problem. Only problem is that the space bar is a little hard to press than the other keys. When pressed at an angle. Like from the bottom of the keyboard towards the monitor, it locks a little. However if you press it in the opposite direction, it is smooth. I have learned to press it in the opp. direction now. Still feels like razer could have given some extra attention to the most used parts of the keyboard, like shift, spacebar etc.

Back