PC Peripherals Need RMA help ACRO offering different mouse

NikhilSingh25

Disciple
I Sent my Razer viper mini for RMA last week and today I got the response saying viper mini is not available for replacement coz of EOL,
They are offering me Razer Cobra - Customizable Wired Gaming Mouse -RZ01-04650100-R3M1 for 1000rs more.

I checked online viper mini and cobra are essentially the same mouse barely any difference . Is it worth paying 1000rs for Razer cobra or should i ask for another model ?

I have a viper mini as well. The Cobra is the successor to it and while some enthusiasts were disappointed, it's not that much different other than that it is a tiny bit lighter with a better sensor

However paying an additional 1000rs? How much did you originally pay for it? They would originally offer a deathadder v2 as a replacement if they dont have the viper in stock but with the cobra as it's successor, I personally would try and argue as to why I would need to pay an additional 1000 on top. Plus it isn't like the warranty is going to get extended either.

I have a viper mini as well. The Cobra is the successor to it and while some enthusiasts were disappointed, it's not that much different other than that it is a tiny bit lighter with a better sensor

However paying an additional 1000rs? How much did you originally pay for it? They would originally offer a deathadder v2 as a replacement if they dont have the viper in stock but with the cobra as it's successor, I personally would try and argue as to why I would need to pay an additional 1000 on top. Plus it isn't like the warranty is going to get extended either.
I will ask them if they can offer a better model. which models will be better option if I'm paying extra for it ?

I will ask them if they can offer a better model. which models will be better option if I'm paying extra for it ?
There aren't that many options for razer. If you want the same shape and size, the razer cobra wired is your only option. Aside from that you can go for a deathadder v2/v3 but that is significantly bigger than the viper mini again. I know this as I switched from a deathadder essential to a viper mini.
Personally I wouldn't mind but it might be too big for you if the viper mini was perfect for you.

There aren't that many options for razer. If you want the same shape and size, the razer cobra wired is your only option. Aside from that you can go for a deathadder v2/v3 but that is significantly bigger than the viper mini again. I know this as I switched from a deathadder essential to a viper mini.
Personally I wouldn't mind but it might be too big for you if the viper mini was perfect for you.
i went ahead and asked them for a Basilisk v3 or deathadder v3, let's see what their response is.

Even I faced the same issue with my death adder v3 and waited for a month. They also offered me a basilisk v3 hyper speed for 1000 more. It's a big frustration when they do this.

Even I faced the same issue with my death adder v3 and waited for a month. They also offered me a basilisk v3 hyper speed for 1000 more. It's a big frustration when they do this.
The V3 was literally released only a year back. There shouldn't be any problem in replacing that unless that is how acro does

The V3 was literally released only a year back. There shouldn't be any problem in replacing that unless that is how acro does
No usually they don't have stocks. V3 dying was my mistake because I yanked the cable a little too hard and it died. And I learnt from my mistake and got a bungee.

I don't think acro will do this deliberately. If there's no stock they are suggesting alternatives and thats the best option given by many manufacturers out there. And if the nearest alternative sucks then thats a different question for which people should tweet Razer or write to them etc.

What are they going to do by lying on the stock part and I'm sure they definitely are not holding the stocks for their own kids and friends..

I don't think acro will do this deliberately. If there's no stock they are suggesting alternatives and thats the best option given by many manufacturers out there. And if the nearest alternative sucks then thats a different question for which people should tweet Razer or write to them etc.

What are they going to do by lying on the stock part and I'm sure they definitely are not holding the stocks for their own kids and friends..
Almost all popular razer mice have this issue though, since more than a year. They still don't have DAV3 Fakers for replacement. While I don't think they are doing it deliberately, they certainly aren't doing anything to resolve the stock issue.

I was in the same boat couple of years back. The left click of my DA Elite was double clicking which had only 2 months of warranty left. They offered Mamba Elite for Rs. 1000 extra as DA Elite was EOL but warranty will be of old mouse only i.e. 2 months.

I flat out denied it and gave them 2 options. Its not buyers fault that Razor/Acro manages their inventory like a 5 year old and doesn't account for future possible RMAs, Hence I as a buyer isn't going to pay anything and its their duty to fulfil their promise of "warranty". Either provide same model or anything similar/upgrade without any extra cost.

Or If I am paying the difference between my mouse and the "upgraded" one which they are offering then it is same as if I am buying a new mouse, Since I am returning my mouse (Which they were suppose to replace) and paying the difference. So I should at least get full warranty which a new mouse gets.

First they denied both options and only offered either "Razer Viper" for 500 extra and Mamba Elite for 1000 extra with warranty of old mouse. This went for a week with exchange of mails daily.

Got a Childhood advocate friend, Asked him for help. He drafted a quick 15 min notice and I speed posted it. Same day of notice delivery got a call from them and they were ready to offer full "2 Years" of warranty on Mamba Elite by paying Rs. 1000 extra. I accepted that and All's Well that Ends Well.

Try that.

I was in the same boat couple of years back. The left click of my DA Elite was double clicking which had only 2 months of warranty left. They offered Mamba Elite for Rs. 1000 extra as DA Elite was EOL but warranty will be of old mouse only i.e. 2 months.

I flat out denied it and gave them 2 options. Its not buyers fault that Razor/Acro manages their inventory like a 5 year old and doesn't account for future possible RMAs, Hence I as a buyer isn't going to pay anything and its their duty to fulfil their promise of "warranty". Either provide same model or anything similar/upgrade without any extra cost.

Or If I am paying the difference between my mouse and the "upgraded" one which they are offering then it is same as if I am buying a new mouse, Since I am returning my mouse (Which they were suppose to replace) and paying the difference. So I should at least get full warranty which a new mouse gets.

First they denied both options and only offered either "Razer Viper" for 500 extra and Mamba Elite for 1000 extra with warranty of old mouse. This went for a week with exchange of mails daily.

Got a Childhood advocate friend, Asked him for help. He drafted a quick 15 min notice and I speed posted it. Same day of notice delivery got a call from them and they were ready to offer full "2 Years" of warranty on Mamba Elite by paying Rs. 1000 extra. I accepted that and All's Well that Ends Well.

Try that.
I have asked them for basilisk v3 or death adder v3 if they refuse then I will demand full warranty for razer cobra.
You are right If we have to pay for RMA just to get the model with same specs then we should at least get the full warranty.

I have asked them for basilisk v3 or death adder v3 if they refuse then I will demand full warranty for razer cobra.
You are right If we have to pay for RMA just to get the model with same specs then we should at least get the full warranty.
They will most probably deny at first, You may have to pressure them little by mentioning whatever they are doing is against consumer protection act and you will take legal actions etc.. if a fair option is not offered. Returning current item and paying the difference to get a replacement and still keeping the warranty of original item is totally unfair.

Recently my friend's 3060Ti FE went bad which had only 7-8 months of warranty left, he got brand new RTX 4070 FE by paying 20k with full 3 years of warranty. That's the way it should be, not the way Acro is trying to do. Its their mistake that they can't manage stock not buyers.

Good luck.

Acro is a pain in the butt. 10 Days a dozen of emails and still no conclusion.
They are dead set on 1000rs but not ready to give full warranty,
Razer cobra cost 2800rs
& Basilisk V3 costs 3500rs

And they just want 1000rs doesn't matter which one I take.

1717158013199.png

1717158050555.png

Back