Razr or S2 or Sensation or wait?

shashank_r_t

Disciple
My Galaxy R died within 1 month of use and samsung refunded the whole amount (21K)

Now as I see, there are no worthy phone in 20 K bracket (as Galaxy R is discontinued or unavailable)

Hence upping the budget to with 30K

Options are:

Motorola Razr XT910 - 29K

Galaxy S2 - 29K (but will get I9100G and I9100 - so no developer support)

Sensation - 25K (Not Xe or XL)

Primary use -

Games - so better GPU required (not sure SGR540 or Mali 400 or Tegra 2 .. which is better)

Lot of data 2G/3G / Email / Net / IM

Need to have best display (Video / Photos)

Absolutely has to be dual core

Decent looks

Or other option is to live with my current back up phone (Nokia 5800XM) for few mths and buy Sony Xperia S

What say guys...? Also any issues with Razr?

#boogeyman .. I had the Atrix earlier and Moto is not really good on software front... so needs dev support for better roms. Unfortunately with atrix 2 there is very less dev support... otherwise it was one of my options.

Basic question is should I wait for couple months or get a high end phone now (especially as many new phones were launched at mwc)

I think Mali 400 and Adreno 220 are among the top, followed by Tegra 2 and then SGX 540.

With I9100G and Atrix 2, you're basically getting the same TI Omap 4430 and SGX 540, with qHD screen for Atrix 2 and at quite lower price. ICS update will be a lot sooner for SGS2 though and also the Super Amoled + goodness.

Sensation is available for 24k with free bluetooth headset at Letsbuy, lots of dev support.

HTC one S, Xperia S and Huawei Ascend D1 might be worth waiting for.

#boogeyman .. I had the Atrix earlier and Moto is not really good on software front... so needs dev support for better roms. Unfortunately with atrix 2 there is very less dev support... otherwise it was one of my options.

Basic question is should I wait for couple months or get a high end phone now (especially as many new phones were launched at mwc)

In that case SGS2 is a great option for now. I had read about it being available for 26-27k on ebay after the 10% off coupon. That's an awesome price for one of the best phones currently in the market. It was supposed to receive ICS upgrade too in March itself.

If quad core phones are launched, they would be around the 32-34k price mark. If your budget permits, then you can definitely wait for a few months when they are expected.

At that budget I'll suggest you to wait if your requirement is not urgent.

There could be many new options that you could be within your reach in the coming weeks !
<

Visited croma today, and saw Razr. Was impressed by its display (not sure why ppl complain abt pentile matrix on SAmoled)

Did not like the display of Sensation (but I did compare it to the SAmoled of SGS2 and Razr
<
)

Does neone know when Xperia S will be in India (Its already launched worldwide)

#arun687 - As u rightly pointed out SOC for both I9100G and Atrix 2 is same - so getting I9100G is pointless due to low dev support and same is true for Atrix 2.

Sensation does looks like a good deal, but rumours are its gonna be discontinued (or rather already discontinued)

HTC One and Xperia S - Thats the only question left - to wait or get the Droid Razr

#boogeyman - Yep SGS2 is an option but only if I find a I9100 and not the lowly (as comapred to price) I9100G version

#comp@addict - Sensation (not XE or XL) does look good right now... though I was not impressed with its display.. pretty dull

#cooleagle - Yep waiting is an option but the only question is how much? I can wait for 2-3 mths but nething more than that then I need to go for an intermediate phone coz my current back up phone is absolutely useless for net surfing or IM stuff

#Aakash - any idea when optimus 4X is expected to be launched? 2-3 months?

#divyesh2129 - Yep exactly ...

Still confused Sensation/I9100/Razr OR to wait..
<

Sensation does looks like a good deal, but rumours are its gonna be discontinued (or rather already discontinued)

HTC One and Xperia S - Thats the only question left - to wait or get the Droid Razr

Still confused Sensation/I9100/Razr OR to wait..
<

Rumors of Sensation being discontinued?
<
That's terrible, even I am considering this phone. The first phone other than Nexus phones to get ICS. Guess HTC will wait till they launch One series if they're discontinuing it, it's still their flagship device.

As your budget is upto 30k, you could wait a little while. The Xperia S should launch sooner than others considering it's already launched in many countries. It looks stunning as a package, the camera features, design, UI, everything looks absolutely beautiful, in spite of it running the older S3 Snapdragon chip.

HTC One S/One X, and the other Tegra 3 devices like Optimus 4X HD will take some more time as the global launch itself is around April/May and beyond.

Meanwhile if you could get hold of the I9100 for a good price, then nothing like it, even now.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]HTC has already announced their One lineup which would probably hit the stores in India during May. O2 UK says it will be released in their network on April.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The One X is a flagship. So might cost ~33k - 35k.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The One S is the intersting one which might end up @ ~27k or so. It has the newer Krait K8260A processor with Adreno 225 (28nm fab)[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]According to qualcomm the Adreno 225 is a 50% improvement over Adreno 220[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]There might be lower power consumption due to the 28nm fab in Krait. So do wait for the One S reviews before picking up a handset.[/font]

http://www.gsmarena.com/o2_uk_publish_their_initial_2012_device_lineup-news-3962.php

#shashank_r_t

If you can wait for two to three months then you should because it'll be worth it, first Sony will be launching its handsets in April checkout the leaked schedule & prices of Sony handsets below.

[attachment=12242:uploadfromtaptalk1331561967392.jpg]

Then there well be launches from LG & HTC too in around 2 to 3 months.

Lastly it depends on how long you can use your back up phone man & patience my friend patience. (I know its hard but its required now
<
)

PS: I myself had to use a browsing & IM incapable handset for sometime before I got myself a good one, that's why the last line.
<

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331561967392.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331561967392.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 105
Rumors of Sensation being discontinued?
<
That's terrible, even I am considering this phone. The first phone other than Nexus phones to get ICS. Guess HTC will wait till they launch One series if they're discontinuing it, it's still their flagship device.

#arun687 - Dude if u have finalized Sensation better buy it before it disappears like SGR. Do note that HTC support is kinda crappy in India and hence in case the Sensation develops some snag u may end up like me waiting for refund / replacement for long time. (Also I am talking abt the plain Sensation (not XE and XL) XE and XL are still available.

Will be near 50k. HTC One X is 950$ unlocked

#comp@addict - I doubt if HTC will price HTC One so high in India. Its almost in Iphone 4/S territory and why would neone buy HTC One X if he is getting Iphone 4/S in same price

#shashank_r_t

If you can wait for two to three months then you should because it'll be worth it, first Sony will be launching its handsets in April checkout the leaked schedule & prices of Sony handsets below.

[attachment=12242:uploadfromtaptalk1331561967392.jpg]

Then there well be launches from LG & HTC too in around 2 to 3 months.

Lastly it depends on how long you can use your back up phone man & patience my friend patience. (I know its hard but its required now
<
)

PS: I myself had to use a browsing & IM incapable handset for sometime before I got myself a good one, that's why the last line.
<

#cooleagle - I am hoping Sony keeps those "leaked" prices and that they r launched by March or April
<
<

And ... patience man patience is virtue which I dont seem to have
<
<
.. I may have to live with that Nokia 5800 for a while and may be carry my HTC Flyer to work..
<
<

#Bhutoria_1989 - Thanks for the info dude

Waiting seems to be best option because of 2 recent developments:

Sony Xperia S prices were leaked and it appeared on Sony's website (also confirmed form Sony shop .. its will be available in month or so)

HTC One X release date confirmed in April this year (next month)

In case above phone r not in my budget (30K) then will go for Razr

I checked out Sensation from Croma and found it to be quite good, though the battery life was bothering me and I want it to last one whole day no matter what. After seeing the prices of Xperia series, I guess that made my decision easier to wait it out. The next generation S4 Krait in HTC One S will have much better power efficiency, so battery life will be improved.

I'm now waiting for Xperia S and HTC One S. Xperia P also looks good, so probably one among these in the next month or 2. But then again, at that time probably SGS3 will be announced and LG O4X HD will be nearing launch.
<
Hope the prices will stay sane.

sgs2 official 4.0 update is out (not for India tough it should be available within a week but it doesn't matters u can still upgrade it like i did)

but dude wait for a month, get the quardcore devices - crazzy crazzy stuff
<

Back