Storage Solutions Reallocated sector count RMA?

AK3D

Adept
I have this Seagate 7200.12 500GB hard disk that I bought about 4-5 months ago. From day 1, it has a reallocated sector count of 35 that hasn't changed.

Should I have this RMA'd? The problem here is that I don't want to give a perfectly working drive and get a 'certified repaired' one in return that could develop bad sectors down the line or crash on me once I have data on it.
I've already backed up my data to a new WD 500 Blue AAKS (which seems to be fine for now as well - hearing too many horror stories about the new hard drives). Any inputs would be appreciated.

Amir. I had the same problem Reallocated sector count on my new Seagate 500GB. I went to the Accel Frontline Nr. Drive-in cinema for RMA. but he said i wont get new HDD. we will just repair it. lets see how it goes. approx. 3-4 days for repair.

That's the whole problem, if you get a repaired HDD that dies, its going to be even worse. The WD500 AAKS Blue has been rock solid so far, touch wood, but I'm not at all happy with the amount of complaints that I'm seeing from everyone for both WD and Seagate hard drives.

cisco_tech said:
Amir. I had the same problem Reallocated sector count on my new Seagate 500GB. I went to the Accel Frontline Nr. Drive-in cinema for RMA. but he said i wont get new HDD. we will just repair it. lets see how it goes. approx. 3-4 days for repair.

but they rma-ed my with a new one, the defective one had 366 reallocated sectors

Back