Budget 15-20K Realme 7 Pro vs Poco X3

MadAxe

Adept
Wanted to know the user experiences of the users who own these respective smartphones.
Your decision of buying one over the other or what was the deal breaker for you?

I was using XT from last year and sold it this year to get X3. One of my worst decisions to purchase XT/Realme.
Points against Realme(my observations, others can vary)
1. Emphasis on features rather than resolving bugs. For any issue you first address the root cause instead of giving features which can be given later.
2. Immature OS. Realmeui is new which is based on Coloros based on android. So the bug list is huge, android+ColorOS+RealUI.
3. Post 6months after release, you are already on their least priority wrt software development.
4. They mention flagship, but lol it's everything,but flagship.. No Carrier Aggregation, poor sound quality.
5. Pathetic battery. Mine used to drain 10-15% overnight. This not only wastes electricity, but also degrades your battery performance as you need to charge frequently.
6. Features don't work..atleast in my case. I tried from everything like reverting to Android 9, hard reset.. no feature like super sleep standby worked.
There are more.. but to keep it short, I was dissatisfied with Realme. Really felt cheated, more so after 6mknths of release. Took a plunge to X3 and it's been the best phone ever. OS is optimised, you don't even need 120hz display, it's so smooth. Or may be I feel it so smooth bcoz Realme was tatti.
After using many android phones, I realised one thing that is most important.. Optimisation of OS. You may have the 30th gen Soc, but if your OS sucks it ruins the experience. Realme is just the latter.
You don't have to take any word from what I have said here. Headover to Realme community posts and see for yourself.

Mind linking some latest community posts related to 7 Pro where these issues have been discussed.
I shared my experience regarding Realme XT, not 7pro in particular. However, there would still be threads which mention problems faced by users in particular.
I can't do it through phone... I don't know if links can be copied through app. You can search through desktop.
You can mine through the link.. they seemd to have changed the appearance a lot.

Link for Realme Xt community

Last edited:
Back