Realme or Samsung?

Both realme and Samsung are at their own circumstances, you should go for Samsung, its features are best and it have a large number of various models which are in the budget of anybody.
Plus it comes with it own bloatware and crap bundled + several apps on playstore have specific warnings for samsung users that such apps have be configureddifferently for the device unlike other brands where its simply install and forget.
Post automatically merged:

Chinese phones ...

All Data stolen .
Value for money .

Samsung phones ...

Flagship have great build quality , screens and cameras .

Rest Samsung phones buy with super amoled display full hd + only .

Fingerprint sensor and cameras are garbage on budget Samsung phones but I'd still prefer them over BBK and Xiaomi trash anyday.

Fingerprint sensor on the M21 is actually very good. I needed to (at first) press firmly but now after a couple of hours it seems to unlock effortlessly and quickly. Maybe my fingers were damp at the time or maybe it's because I put on a back cover now and the angle of my fingers is working better now.

Camera I haven't used yet and don't really care but the youtube video reviews show pretty good pics even in dim lighting.

Macro lens on m31. Bought it 2 days back
6/64, 6000mah. 15k, lil heavy. First day use - phone was delivered at 12.00 with 43% battery. Data shifting etc, setup all took 20-30 mins.
Started to charge at 2.00 PM, took 3.5 5o 4 hr to charged to 100% , 6.00 PM.
Next day 7.30 pm put to charge again, charge done by 11 pm . sot 9 to 10 hrs.
20200527_163607.jpg
20200527_163335.jpg
Screenshot_20200526-211207_Camera.jpg

I have been using the M20 and M30s devices for about a year. I purchased the M20 as soon as it became available. Coming off an Xperia Z1, the M series devices aren't benchmark scorchers. They would rather be found at the lower end of most benchmarks, except the battery life one. For me, as I leave the screen mostly on, the M30s lasts for 20 hours. The M20 used to last for close to 16 hours. I have to purposefully play 5-6 rounds of clash royale at night so that the battery dips below 30%, which is my psychological barrier to charge the phone. It will lag in any GPU intensive game. However, it's only some games which cause display lagging, apps haven't lagged in my hands to date. I use the M30s to watch movies, play some games, calls, video calls, chats, while the older M20 was passed onto my dad, who is happy with it. Since dad doesn't keep his data / wifi connection on at all times, he ekes out 3 days of battery life out of the year old M20. Yes, 3 days on a single charge, on an android phone.

I once got frustrated after losing too many successive matches in clash royale, and dropped the M30s, from my hands on the floor. Then I picked it up to check if the screen was ok, and it was. Not a single dent, ding or crack.

I should mention that I don't mind a phone lagging in games, only because my primary phone for playing better games like PUBG, Real Racing and Forza Street, is an iPhone 7.

The A series also have some good phones.

Would I go for a M series device again? Yes
Would I have an M series device as the primary phone? Yes, if I am on a fixed budget.

I would recommend Samsung, because of brand, service network, and good build quality.

Samsung without a doubt. Just moved to a samsung after many years and I must say their skin of android has improved by leaps and bounds, not to mention a far better camera.

And personally, I have decided not to buy chinese products....i know a lot of the parts are made in China and there is no escaping that, but I am sick and tired of their lies and snooping. My other options were the OP 8 or the Mi 10.

I would ideally say Samsung, but I am pretty sure their parts too come from China only. Have heard of network issues but cannot confirm.

Realme replacment parts apparently cost a bomb compared to Xiaomi devices even if similar specs.

Fingerprint sensor on the M21 is actually very good. I needed to (at first) press firmly but now after a couple of hours it seems to unlock effortlessly and quickly. Maybe my fingers were damp at the time or maybe it's because I put on a back cover now and the angle of my fingers is working better now.

Camera I haven't used yet and don't really care but the youtube video reviews show pretty good pics even in dim lighting.
How's the network reception & call clarity of M21 ? I have read in many reviews about network issues in Samsung M series phones.

I am thinking of buying it for my dad who just prefers network reception & battery life.

@anikptl network reception and call clarity are fine. i have no experienced issues but so far i have only used it at home and at my aunt's place nearby. this is on airtel volte 4g SIM, i have secondary jio SIM which i use for data only and that too works very well.

Back