Recipe : Great sandwich

AK3D

Adept
I read the midnight snacks thread, and its mostly maggi. Here's something different for a change. Very easy to make, its a great sandwich filling, and will keep those hunger pangs away :) .

purchase a bottle of mustard paste and a bottle of mayonnaise, firstly.

Ingredients
1 Cabbage, 1 large Capsicum, carrots (if available), curds (to mellow the taste), sandwich bread.
Boiled chicken (if you're into non veg)

Use 1 TBSP mustard paste to 1.5 TBSP of mayonnaise (for a sandwich and half or according to taste) and mix it in a bowl, add some curds if it is too strong. Use more, depending on how hungry you are!

Chop the cabbage and capsicum into fine pieces, the quantity is 3X cabbage to 1X capsicum, if you want carrots, they'll taste good as well (as do cucumbers). Remember that you need the paste to cover the veggies, so the quantity is 1.5x chopped veggies to 1X paste.

Put the chopped cabbage and capsicum in the mustard+mayonnaise paste and mix well, let it set for 10 minutes so that the flavour is absorbed by the vegetables.

Finally, take the bread slice, and spread the mixture over it, put another one on top, and you have a great sandwich ready.

If you have boiled chicken pieces, you can also add them to the mixture - they go very well with this recipe.

This is a very filling, and tasty sandwich. Let me know how it goes.

me like sandwiches too... although i just assemble simple bread n cheese slices late night... my aunt makes killer tuna sandwiches with the mayo n fine chopped veggies for crunchiness :)

Nice recipe but I'd rather avoid uncooked cabbage because its one vegetable that absorbs a lot of pesticide. Also a hell of a lot of pesticide is used on cabbages cos they are very susceptible to worms. Would make sense to boil the cabbage in salt water a bit just to get rid of it. Capsicums, tomatoes and all are okay.

greenhorn said:
OMG TE is going OT in a big way:rofl:
cars , now food :O
shouldnt we be banishing these forums to FE instead :no:

this is a survival guide for us techies :lol:

or maybe its time to start bachelors enclave :lol:

bottle said:
this is a survival guide for us techies :lol:

or maybe its time to start bachelors enclave :lol:

i ll second that. These are essential skills for techies :D else how do u expect t6o survive those late nights spent in front of the comp ;) n so long as they are in general talk where post counts are 0, who cares? :p

They used to sell the same in the Western Railway Cafeteria at Churchgate station.
I love it. :D

You dawgs :mad:- i can't stop drooling after reading this :drool2:- seriously. :drool2:

It is a great recipe, no doubt ;).. But would anyone take so much of efforts in the middle of a night to prepare it :p (I wouldn't for sure :bleh:)

well, you can prepare a whole lot and leave it in the fride, just put it on bread if you get hungry and put the rest right back in for later....its not gonna get spoilt ya know
neways, my sandwich has vegggies, mayo or thousand island dressing(i hate mustard), cheese slices, pepper, oregano, and some cold cuts like chicken,ham or turkey :)

Chaos said:
Nice recipe but I'd rather avoid uncooked cabbage because its one vegetable that absorbs a lot of pesticide. Also a hell of a lot of pesticide is used on cabbages cos they are very susceptible to worms. Would make sense to boil the cabbage in salt water a bit just to get rid of it. Capsicums, tomatoes and all are okay.

Are you implying that *just* boiling cabbage gets rid of the pesticide ?

Back