Monitors Recommend 40" LCD / Plasma

Aditya

Skilled
Hey guys,
My dads buying an LCD / Plasma this week!

I really need to know which one should i get.

Budget : Rs. 2 Lakhs.
Nothing above.

Atleast a 40" LCD, and if Plasma, then even bigger, like a 52" Plasma.

Im pretty impressed with the Sony KLV-V40A10, for 2 Lakhs.
Very good Clarity, and good Sound too.

if you are going with plasma , make sure you get bigger screens . 40" + are usually recommended if you are going plasma way . get a plasma if possible . plasma is better than LCD that u know :) .

i recently have got one. in dec.. the panasoic has a new latest lcd launched... i purchased the first piece that they got for demmo.. around 1.95... awesome clariy and the latest tech.. 42 inch.

We got 32" LCD Samsung TV for 80,000 bucks . response time is just 8ms :p. supports HDMI and HD too :) . go with Samsung I would say . that specific Sony model comes with USB port I saw . this could be interesting :)

Im gonna hook up my PC to the TV as well ;).

Im bent towards a 52" Plasma as such.

But what are the prices, of the various brands ?

make sure u get some component video out cables for ur graphics card . then you can do HDTV whenever u buy a new TV ;) . get HDMI-DVI convertor too . yes I have connected my PC to the 32" using D-Sub port . works really well .

in case u get HDMI-DVI convertor , get one for me too :eek:hyeah:

Aditya said:
Im gonna hook up my PC to the TV as well ;).

Im bent towards a 52" Plasma as such.
But what are the prices, of the various brands ?

50" Plasma costs Rs. 2,50,000 & above.

the two i suggested support PC Input too.

Yea, the Sony you suggested, is my first choice, if nothing better turns up.
Ive seen it, and its absolutely awesome :eek:hyeah:

Without HD content, getting a panel/plasma screen right now to watch upscaled 480i content is senseless IMHO. A CRT gets the job done better and is way way cheaper. Also if you are buying an HD display now, make sure it has 1080p or else it'll be outdated by the time HD actually comes to India.

^^ Alright, ill look into that.

Most LCD's and Plasma's nowadays, Scale 1080 to 720 and display it.
So i doubt itll be outdated even if HD in India will be 1080.
I wonder when with HD make it to India. Hmm, 2015 anyone?

^^Whats the use of spending so much cash for an unupgradeable thing and not being able to watch high def content in full detail :p.

Aditya said:
^^ Alright, ill look into that.

Most LCD's and Plasma's nowadays, Scale 1080 to 720 and display it.
So i doubt itll be outdated even if HD in India will be 1080.
I wonder when with HD make it to India. Hmm, 2015 anyone?

dont underestimate our country.
by 2015 we'll have better planes than the currently in progress f-35's and better awacs tht exist today! so dont :p
in a way me too think its useless to buy such high def stuffs now when u cant use it at tis highest potential but itsx ur dads decision so i aint commenting on it :)

though, I totally agree with Chaos, 1080p is what one should be looking for in a lcd/plasma today. But I highly doubt that there's any 1080p (i.e. native resolution of 1920x1080) panel (be it lcd or plasma) available in the budget of Rs. 2 Lakhs. No offence.

In that budget, your best bet would be something with 1366x768 native supporting 1080i

4:3 CRT should good enuf for now imho.

Imho it doesn't make sense to go for Hd displays since there is a dearth of Hd content itself ! As a matter of fact there is nothing available in india as far as HD TV programming is concerned.........

Aditya go with them if u wish . LCD rocks

hey guys here is an update : I connected it to my computer using component video out ( lol used composite video cable :p ) and selected 720p HDTV out . maaan what a class!! everything looks uber sexy . I got plenty of divx/xvid/rmvb videos to watch . watching them on full screen truely rocks . its even better than watching in threatre :bleh: . 1080i is not so good :( as 720p

Back