Laptops Recommend a notebook

aragorn

Disciple
Hi, I need to get a new lappy for my dad.

Budget:Not more than 60k
Primary Usage: Web surfing/office apps
Size and weight: Preferably a lighter one Size<15 inch
Brand : Nything except sony and acer
Glossy screen is preferred

My dad basically needs something that's sleek and looks good.Performance is secondary as he won't be using it much.

Thanks.

aragorn said:
Hi, I need to get a new lappy for my dad.

Budget:Not more than 60k
Primary Usage: Web surfing/office apps
Size and weight: Preferably a lighter one Size<15 inch
Brand : Nything except sony and acer
Glossy screen is preferred

My dad basically needs something that's sleek and looks good.Performance is secondary as he won't be using it much.

Thanks.

What is wrong with Sony???
I can understand about Acer(Bad ASS) but have never heard any negative thing about Sony.

By the way, if he wants a good looking laptop and performance is secondary then Sony Vaio series is the best choice. No other manufacturers laptops come even close to Sony Vaio in these respects.

Go in for the newly launched HP dv2 series. Its an ultra-portable and is also very powerful. They come with 3 processor options. Go for the one of the Athlon Neo X2s (Dual Cores). The screen is small which may be positive or negative depending on your usage. If you are travelling and want an powerful lappy, this is the one to go for.
Check it out at: HP Laptops for the Home & Home Office

hotshot05 said:
I can understand about Acer(Bad ASS) but have never heard any negative thing about Sony.

By the way, if he wants a good looking laptop and performance is secondary then Sony Vaio series is the best choice. No other manufacturers laptops come even close to Sony Vaio in these respects.
Sony laptops are Pricey. If you compare a Sony Laptop with same specs as that of Dell, there will be 15-20k difference in price.

Thats not True. Dell laptops are also as good looking as sony. :eek:hyeah:

@ OP - I'd suggest Dell Studio 15 with Intel P8600 + 4GB RAM + HD4570 @ only 52k..:)

hotshot05 said:

1. Yes, it's pricey !

2. The Specs. are a shame considering the price tag !

3. Spares & other components are very expensive !

It's the looks that make people, take the plunge... :p

muzux2 said:
Sony laptops are Pricey. If you compare a Sony Laptop with same specs as that of Dell, there will be 15-20k difference in price.

@ OP - I'd suggest Dell Studio 15 with Intel P8600 + 4GB RAM + HD4570 @ only 52k..:)

thetoxicmind said:
1. Yes, it's pricey !
2. The Specs. are a shame considering the price tag !
3. Spares & other components are very expensive !

It's the looks that make people, take the plunge... :p

I know that Sony laptops are pricey(That is the reason I hate Sony). Sony thinks that they are like Apple and can get away with underspecced but overpriced products. :no:

But since the OP mentioned that looks are his main priority I thought VFM was his last priority as well. :bleh:

thanks for the replies guys.I bought a 14 inch dell studio finally, came to 45 k

And as for as being agnst sony, me and my frnds hav had bad experiences with sony, not only is it pricey, it's too delicate

I would like to buy a notebook. My budget is 23k. The notebook which I have in my mind is ASUS 1000HE and lenovo s10. Kindly advice me to buy a good note book.

muzux2 said:

I second that... If you want the screen smaller go for Dell Studio 14 then :)

Edit: Opps.. seems you already bought the laptop (didn't read all the posts actually :p) Anyways congrats for your purchase

Back