Recommend an Android Phone from Ebay US

I am planning to buy an android smartphone. Since nothing available here in my budget looks good enough (cosmetically in my opinion) I plan on picking up a used/refurbished phone from ebay US. I am unaware of the various models available there. Could you please recommend a few models that I should consider?

1. Q: Budget?
A: Max. $250. The lower the better.

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Any camera would do.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android. Windows 7 in case of no viable android alternative.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: GPRS>Edge>3G>WiFi in that order.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls - Listening to music - .doc, .xls .pdf Reader/Editor.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: The phone should look sleek.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None.

There are lots of choices for your given budget and also your requirements:

1) HTC MyTouch 4G
Specs - T-Mobile myTouch 4G - Full phone specifications
Reason to Consider:
1) Excellent 1 GHz processor and Adrenos 205 GPU. Powerful enough for playing games. Thanks to 768MB RAM, multitasking is a breeze
2) Decent camera with LED Flash
3) 4G Phone :cool2:
4) Available in different colors
5) XDA Support/Android 2.3.3
Reason not to consider:
1) HTC Sense might be too much of hog. So battery life is not that great.
2) Some people, including my friend, had screen issues. Look at this link, because there is a chance that you might get bad screen: myTouch 4G - good screen vs. bad screen (Taiwan vs. China) - T-Mobile MyTouch 4G - Android Forums - HTC Community
You can check the good screen or bad screen by emailing the ebay seller and check with him.

2) HTC G2
Specs - T-Mobile G2 - Full phone specifications
Reason to consider:
1) Powerful 800 MHz processor with Adrenos 205 GPU. The cpu is capable to run at 1.9 ghz stable with XDA kernels. Gaming wise it can also handle games with ease. 512MB RAM for good multitasking
2) Qwerty Keypad
3) 4G Phone :cool2:
Reason not to consider:
1) The hinge opens in Z shape, so by heavy use you might have some issues with loose hinge
2) Some people there were complaining of discoloration on G2 due to heat issues. I personally used one and did not have problem. I liked it.

3) Samsung Vibrant/Captivate
Specs - Samsung Vibrant - Full phone specifications
Reason to consider:
1) Powerful 1 ghz processor and PowerVr SGX 540 GPU. This has the best gpu for any single core phone in the market and with the capability of overclocking CPU and tweaking GPU, it handles the games (even tegra) with ease.
2) Super Amoled screen with 4 inches so easy on the eyes for browsing, watching movies
3) Dolby 5.0 sound and best DAC (Wolfson chip)
4) I personally like the styling of Captivate. I lost my captivate I bought with me when I came to India :( So I bought one from here.
Reason not to consider:
1) I honestly cannot think of anything here. Maybe other members can shed light on this

4) Droid 2 Global
Specs - Motorola DROID 2 Global - Full phone specifications
Reason to consider:
1) 1.2 GHz processor and decent PowerVR SGX 530 GPU.
2) Qwerty Keypad
3) Best of both worlds (GSM and CDMA) So you can use it with CDMA connection and/or GSM connection
Reason not to consider:
1) Unless you are an heavy gamer this phone should be fine. Because the GPu while decent will have some trouble playing high end games.

Back