Storage Solutions Recommend HDD for Backup's

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Hello Folks,

I need to buy a 1TB Internal HDD primarily for housing my work related backup's. The HDD will be mostly switched on through a Vantec NexStar HDD dock (USB 2.0) for copying files and accessing as and when the need arises.

Please kindly suggest a HDD for the said purpose. Is the Seagate SV-35 (ST1000VX000) at 4.1k a good option?

P.S. Kindly provide links from either Flipkart or Amazon India.

Regards,
Black_Hawk

Aint the sv35 a DVR drive rather than a one that can be used for desktop back up of data?

I was also reading that the SV35's are mainly used for video surveillance/ DVR's... does that mean that it cannot be used for general data backup purposes? In that case am I better off getting a WD Blue (WD10EZEX)?

Yes better off getting a desktop drive, WD Blue is good,though heard limited availability currently, Always have two backups if the data is crucial! One internal /external/ cloud!

Yes better off getting a desktop drive, WD Blue is good,though heard limited availability currently, Always have two backups if the data is crucial! One internal /external/ cloud!

Limited warranty as in??

Yes, the crucial data I always have a secondary backup of, just in case one of the drives suddenly die on me. Had that nasty surprise a long time back and learned it the hard way.

^Not limited warranty, but supply of the drive in the market was less sometime back ; it was hard to come by a WD Blue one!

Ooops... my bad, read that wrong! In that case I believe I should just go ahead and order the WD Blue (WD10EZEX) from Flipkart. It's being sold at 4.2k.

Back