Recommendation for 3D modelling resources

mayank0623

Disciple
I have a few months of free time right now before college and I would like to learn 3D rendering and modelling. My system configuration is a 970 paired with a R3 2200G and 16 GB RAM. What are some good free resources I could learn simple modelling from before going into the advanced stuff, and which programs would I be able to run suitably on my system? I know it's a budget PC hence I'm not looking to render any extremely demanding stuff, just short simple animations/renders

Blender, free and doesn't have a steep learning curve.
Your configuration may need a gou upgrade or if time is not of the essence, let it rip .

Blender, free and doesn't have a steep learning curve.
Your configuration may need a gou upgrade or if time is not of the essence, let it rip .
Okay and are there any recommended online resources for a beginner to learn blender? Also I am unable to upgrade my gpu right now but I'm also not in any hurry, so is the only difference going to be that the renders will take longer, or will there be some image quality degradation too? Because if that's going to happen anyway I might as well render only 480p-720p stuff. Also is blender rendering CPU intensive or GPU intensive?

Okay and are there any recommended online resources for a beginner to learn blender? Also I am unable to upgrade my gpu right now but I'm also not in any hurry, so is the only difference going to be that the renders will take longer, or will there be some image quality degradation too? Because if that's going to happen anyway I might as well render only 480p-720p stuff. Also is blender rendering CPU intensive or GPU intensive?
Lot of learning resources on YouTube.
Quality you can set so it's upto you how much time it will take.
You decide if it's CPU intensive or GPU intensive. So try doing it with a CPU and then GPU, general GPU 's are far better.

Lot of learning resources on YouTube.
Quality you can set so it's upto you how much time it will take.
You decide if it's CPU intensive or GPU intensive. So try doing it with a CPU and then GPU, general GPU 's are far better.
One final question, even if GPUs are far better at rendering the 970 is a 2014 GPU while the 2200G is a 2018 CPU, will a 2014 mid-tier GPU still hold the edge over a 2018 budget 4C/4T APU?

Last edited:
Back