Recommendation for Gigabit routers

Hypnotised Lemon

Market Restricted
Recruit
I'm in need of gigabit routers due to large file transfers over network.
Currently,I'm using a main router to which a secondary router is connected using a Ethernet cable to extend connectivity to multiple flours, I would like to keep this feature since my budget is fairly low (4K each, I need 3 such routers, it is somewhat flexible).

Thank you.

As I said in the other thread, my R6220 services me very well for gigabit file transfers from my NAS to other satellite devices (desktop, mobile). I don't have very high speed internet though.

If you're okay with getting from AliExpress I suggest you take a look at mi router 3g, it's kickass for its price. BTW what router are you using now?

Since you already have two wifi routers, get a Ubiquiti Edgerouter-X for 5-6k and use it for routing duties. The wifi routers can then be configured as simple access points and be connected to the edgerouter via cable. I used the Edgerouter X for a long time before upgrading to an Edgerouter 4.

Just to give an illustration as to how stable this config is - I've not had to reboot the router in the last 275 days. That was the day I upgraded the router's firmware. It is like clockwork - never hung, never dropped packets, load balances two ISPs - smooth as silk. I'm not wasting money on consumer routers anymore.

As I said in the other thread, my R6220 services me very well for gigabit file transfers from my NAS to other satellite devices (desktop, mobile). I don't have very high speed internet though.
Thank you for replying!
I will look into it since all I will be doing is transferring files over the network, not downloading or uploading anything.

Since you already have two wifi routers, get a Ubiquiti Edgerouter-X for 5-6k and use it for routing duties. The wifi routers can then be configured as simple access points and be connected to the edgerouter via cable. I used the Edgerouter X for a long time before upgrading to an Edgerouter 4.

Just to give an illustration as to how stable this config is - I've not had to reboot the router in the last 275 days. That was the day I upgraded the router's firmware. It is like clockwork - never hung, never dropped packets, load balances two ISPs - smooth as silk. I'm not wasting money on consumer routers anymore.
This sounds like a very good investment for what I'm doing. But sadly I'll have to upgrade my wifi routers anyway since they top out at 150 Mbps. :')
(correct me if I'm wrong about my routers, I'm new to networking).

Thanks tho!

Also, do you know anything about how Ubiquiti's after sale services are in India?

Back