Budget 90k+ Recommended changes?

ninoregen

Recruit
Whipped up this build after extensive research. Any recommendations or changes?

Major considerations/reasonings:
- Case:
have shortlisted either the king 95 pro or the mentioned lian li o11 vision; planning to use this current config for 5+ years and the looks are a major consideration; can be changed if a better looking rec comes along :)
- CPU: was planning to go for the 7800x3d, but it was blowing my budget; 7600x seemed like the next sensible choice; please guide with better deals, if any
- GPU: want to go really high-end; want to stay in team red; RDNA5 might come around by the time I'll complete the build so the 7800 XT is a placeholder; prepared to go into the used market
- AIO: it gets pretty hot in summers where I live, even with air conditioning, and i live on the 3rd floor; seems like a reasonable area to invest in; guide if unnecessary
- Motherboard: the one thing I really REALLY want advice regarding; practically scanned all of youtube because I want to get it right; have delved even into the VRM performance/thermals; selected this one via a Hardware Unboxed recommendation; advise regarding better value; baked in wi-fi support is a must
- Peripherals: still have a pretty neat Acer Nitro panel from like 5 years ago; KB/M isn't a priority as of now

This would be my first ever build so I want to do it mostly right. Main purpose of posting this here instead of just going forward with it is to get advice from experienced members regarding compatibility/upgradability oversights (if any), and further optimizations/better value parts
pcpricetrackerbuild.png

Speaking of the motherboard, I think you could get away with this. It'll help you save 3k.

It's also something that HUB recommends in his video, or at least his website does.

Btw, I'm also about to build a PC for the first time. If you want, you can have a look at the build I whipped up a while ago.
https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/b2f5846d-329f-4883-8a0d-e2a849b697b4 (I have to upgrade the monitor). The 7700xt is still a placeholder as my build would happen when RDNA4 comes out.

Whipped up this build after extensive research. Any recommendations or changes?

Major considerations/reasonings:
- Case:
have shortlisted either the king 95 pro or the mentioned lian li o11 vision; planning to use this current config for 5+ years and the looks are a major consideration; can be changed if a better looking rec comes along :)
- CPU: was planning to go for the 7800x3d, but it was blowing my budget; 7600x seemed like the next sensible choice; please guide with better deals, if any
- GPU: want to go really high-end; want to stay in team red; RDNA5 might come around by the time I'll complete the build so the 7800 XT is a placeholder; prepared to go into the used market
- AIO: it gets pretty hot in summers where I live, even with air conditioning, and i live on the 3rd floor; seems like a reasonable area to invest in; guide if unnecessary
- Motherboard: the one thing I really REALLY want advice regarding; practically scanned all of youtube because I want to get it right; have delved even into the VRM performance/thermals; selected this one via a Hardware Unboxed recommendation; advise regarding better value; baked in wi-fi support is a must
- Peripherals:
still have a pretty neat Acer Nitro panel from like 5 years ago; KB/M isn't a priority as of now

This would be my first ever build so I want to do it mostly right. Main purpose of posting this here instead of just going forward with it is to get advice from experienced members regarding compatibility/upgradability oversights (if any), and further optimizations/better value parts
View attachment 209606
Some needful additions.

- forgot to add fans to the build as the aforementioned Lian Li case doesn't come with any, but the total price will more or less even out due to the placeholder GPU
- *RDNA 4 not 5, the excitement got to me

Speaking of the motherboard, I think you could get away with this. It'll help you save 3k.

It's also something that HUB recommends in his video, or at least his website does.

Btw, I'm also about to build a PC for the first time. If you want, you can have a look at the build I whipped up a while ago.
https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/b2f5846d-329f-4883-8a0d-e2a849b697b4 (I have to upgrade the monitor). The 7700xt is still a placeholder as my build would happen when RDNA4 comes out.
great board but as I mentioned, baked in wi-fi is a non negotiable; struggled to find anything cheaper with wifi, good VRM performance and above average IO hence went with my pick; if I were less picky about the wi-fi then I'd probably get the hdv/m.2

thanks for replying nonetheless; best of luck for your build!

Tweaked the parts, is now R5 7600 + 7900GRE. It is easy to OC 7900GRE by 10%, I own the same Pulse model. Also, the selected mobo has 3x M.2 slots vs 2x M.2 in most mobos. A dual tower dual fan air cooler is more than enough for even 7800X3D. I'm assuming your rig is for gaming.

For used GPUs, drop to 3060Ti for 16-17k or 6700XT for 19-20k. Beyond that price doesn't make sense IMO. Like people are selling used 3080 12GB or 3080Ti for close to 40k. A new 7800XT is 48k for similar raster performance but with more VRAM.

1727747646436.png

Just for reference how close good air coolers are to AIO. So with a 200W CPU like 7950X, you will run at 90C but with minimal performance loss because of the 200W cap.

You can add the 14k expensive case or something cheaper, your call. Even with the 14k case it is cheaper than your initial rig while being better overall.

Post in thread 'Recommended changes?' https://techenclave.com/threads/recommended-changes.222460/post-2554278

- the 7900 gre is probably the one I'll get, waiting for discounts/something to hit the used market; for reference, there's this 6900xt currently on gamenation for 39k and there was also a 7800xt going for 41k; don't really know about the reliability/trustworthiness of these sites; don't really want a team green gpu, don't care much for dlss/rt; I'd rather have the better raw rasterization of an AMD GPU

https://gamenation.in/Products/PCCo...0XT-16GB-Nitro+-OC?Age=PreOwned&a=2862&b=3354

- two M.2 slots are probably more than enough for me personally, so I'd prefer the better VRM performance and the IO of the previous mobo

- the cooler though, that's something I'll definitely look into; just went with the best AIO because of the aforementioned reasons; will probably get a very good air cooler for half the price

thanks for replying!

Last edited:

Tweaked the parts, is now R5 7600 + 7900GRE. It is easy to OC 7900GRE by 10%, I own the same Pulse model. Also, the selected mobo has 3x M.2 slots vs 2x M.2 in most mobos. A dual tower dual fan air cooler is more than enough for even 7800X3D. I'm assuming your rig is for gaming.

For used GPUs, drop to 3060Ti for 16-17k or 6700XT for 19-20k. Beyond that price doesn't make sense IMO. Like people are selling used 3080 12GB or 3080Ti for close to 40k. A new 7800XT is 48k for similar raster performance but with more VRAM.

View attachment 209657
Just for reference how close good air coolers are to AIO. So with a 200W CPU like 7950X, you will run at 90C but with minimal performance loss because of the 200W cap.

You can add the 14k expensive case or something cheaper, your call. Even with the 14k case it is cheaper than your initial rig while being better overall.

Just FYI - Cooler Master Hyper 620S has lower clearance for RAM vs AG620. That's why i went with AG620 as it was not enough for my ram. So check ram clearance.
Verify, but cooler clearance is 38mm.
ofc, we can always move the fan up a bit and for 7600 it shouldn't matter much.

15k AIO for 20k cpu makes no sense to me unless you want to buy it for some other reasons. Instead can get better cpu/something else + undervolt + set temp or power limits and you wont lose much.
Last bit of performance for cpu/gpu is generally very inefficient for both power usage and thermals. Eco mode will probably work well too.
And AIOs i think have limited lifespan + has small risk of leaking ( Never used one though ).

Last edited:
Back