PC Peripherals Reduce Static Noise from front audio panel

I was using my Sennheiser 212 for many years. Last week the left earphone gave up. So started using my ATH-M50 with my PC. M50 has got coiled cable which is not long enough to connect to the back audio port. So i have to connect it to my front audio port of Zebronics bijli cabinet. I am guessing the wires are not shielded enough or there is some sort of interference form some other component. There is lot of hissing noise from the headphone.

I thought of getting a extension cable to connect to the back audio port. I had used some cable before and they were of low quality. I cant find any good quality cables online.

I removed all the usb connections in the front panel. Moved unused electrical components away from my PC. But still getting lot of noise. I am guessing its magnetic interference from my HDD. Everytime i open chrome or play movie i get more noise.
The front panel is AC97 compatible. Same is configured in BIOS

Any solution for this issue. Can try DIY options also.

Try the CPU/PCIE/SATA clock spread-spectrum options in the BIOS. But yeah ultimately the best way is to use an extension cable outside the EMI filled cabinet or switch to a shielded cable inside the cabinet.

I'm using zebronics peace cabby and having same AC97 front panel adapter but not facing such issues in spite of using 6 Hdds. I'm listening on Soundmagic PL11.

Let me check this weekend. I will try to change CPU/PCIE/SATA clock spread-spectrum settings

Also some of them have noticed that this issue is due to common ground wire to both USB and audio in the front panel. I will open the front panel and check this.

Back