1. What is the price range of the following in india:

Behringer 2031a
Samson rubicon r5a , 65a
yamaha H50M
JBL LSR4k (todo)
Dynaudio BM5a.
tannoy reveal 5a
M-audio BX5A

2. Is there any site other than bajaao.com which sells audio gear online? I live in hyderabad and most of the dealers seem to be in mumbai, chennai or delhi. Does anyone have pointers about where to look for audio gears in hyderabad?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure of the rest but you can surely get the Dynaudio BM5A/BM6A from Soundsmiths, Mumbai. You can email them and find the local dealer. Out of those speakers you've listed, I'd go for the dynaudio blindly. Be aware that their prices are typically on the expensive side.

No you can't. I spoke to Viru, and he deals only in home audio. For Pro Audio the dealer is separate and you have to locate them from the Dynaudio website (Pro audio). They are based in Andheri East, Mumbai.

I cannot give you any pointers about Hyd, but there is a pretty booming film industry, so I'm sure they have some local source of equipment or at least a contact. You may want to tap them to tell you how to get gear.

In Mumbai, The BM5A cost about 45K and the BM6A about 70K.

I heard a ton of monitors at Shalu and spent a few days touring a couple studios to listen to monitors before figuring out what I wanted. In all cases I found that the room was a little more important than the monitor, but I found the sweet spot was the Dynaudio and the KRK. Found the Yamahas a little too tilted upwards. The JBL was good, if you wanted to use them to listen to music, but too edgy for long-term high SPL listening.

The surprise in the pack was the Behringer. 28K for a pair of 2031s, very nice indeed. I would have bought those but then I managed a very decent pair of BM6 passives (the earlier generation) from this forum itself. And the Dynes are a quite a bit better than the Berries if paired with a good amp. The earlier owner had got them for home use, and was quite obviously disappointed. If you don't plan on treating the room, you will too.

Back