Refrigerator suggestion Electrolux vs Samsung

Decius

Adept
Hi all

I m looking for a 280 L refrigerator (time to bid gudbye to old warhorse Voltas). I have shortlisted basically two brands Electrolux and Samsung

Samsung RT 28

Electrolux

ER -37 (318L) and there is one other model of 280L (dont know the model number) bcoz its latest entrant and secondly its a fully imported model.

Now please suggest me which one qualitywise would be better bcoz price difference is pretty much. I m getting the Samsung for around 15,000 whereas the Electrolux costs arnd 19,000 (for both imported one i.e 280L as well as one manufactured here i.e. 315L). Somehow i have an inclination for Electrolux but since price difference is pretty much so I m wondering what to do and secondly i have never had any first hand experience of Electrolux. Please help me out
Thanx in advance

from personal experience i found elextrolux very very reliable. this includes 2 fridges of mine and some of relatives. no one i know has used samsung so cant comment about that

ASS for elextrolux is excellent and the same can be said for samsung too (maybe samsung is better)

Will the imported one be any better in quality or should i opt for the regular one the one that's manufactured here?

I bought Electrolux 1 months back, ER 170L, i m very much satisfied with the performance, inner trays are transparent, Metallic color, totally nicee, worth for money...

If i may, why did you drop other brands in preference for just elektrolux & samsung ?

..what criteria was used to make the shortlist ?

Basically i am looking for a quality product (my old Voltas 165L never failed me in 20 yrs) and gud after sales service, though Samsung doesnt exactly fit the first criteria but on second criteria its very very gud. LG was more or less same as Samsung. Godrej i didnt see at many places and with Whirlpool my experience isnt gud. Some relatives have it n none of them praises it. So i Zeroed in to Electrolux and Samsung.

Decius said:
Basically i am looking for a quality product (my old Voltas 165L never failed me in 20 yrs) and gud after sales service, though Samsung doesnt exactly fit the first criteria but on second criteria its very very gud. LG was more or less same as Samsung. Godrej i didnt see at many places and with Whirlpool my experience isnt gud. Some relatives have it n none of them praises it. So i Zeroed in to Electrolux and Samsung.

choose Electrolux if are brand consious & want top class produts but for this you have to shell out more money

choose samsung if you want value for money

Back