Reliable and fast hosting for Joomla Virtuemart Ecommerce Music Website

Shakensoul

Skilled
I am looking for a reliable and fast hosting provider for a Joomla Virtuemart based Ecommerce Music Website which will be selling digital downloads. As of now the budget is around 5000/year and shared hosting is ok, will be upgrading depending on volume and traffic. Currently approx 10GB space and 50GB of bandwidth should be fine.

Since website will be on joomla virtuemart, speed is important for both international and indian audience.

The portal will offer music in MP3 format (128Kbps) which customers can download as well as separate 96Kbps MP3 tracks as sample to listen to.

The website is

Future Sounds

which is a Assamese Music portal.

Any suggestions and feedback are welcome.

I think you are hosting on Hostdime Usa servers. I can suggest you to take Indian shared plans from hostdime India.

It would be fast for your visitors in India and From Asia.

They offer good support.

If you are not satisfied or if you require Easy installation and Etc choose hostgator India They have pretty Good Cpanel with Easy to install apps Option.;)

I don't think shared hostings going to cut it for a site like yours. It's not too slow now, but once you've got hundreds of users logged in, downloading stuff, you're going to face problems.

You could try a cheap VPS like Cheap VPS | Best VPS with OpenVz | Reliable Vps | Fully Managed | Centos VPS but I've got no clue as to how reliable they are. They are cheap though..450 a month.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Heres something even cheaper :
Hostirian.com » Blog Archive » VPS Servers Starting at $4.95

Thanks guys for all the suggestions..
thatsashok said:

Thanks. I have definite plans for Hostgator and heard good reviews about them, but everyone warns against these big players for shared hosting.
swatkats said:
I think you are hosting on Hostdime Usa servers. I can suggest you to take Indian shared plans from hostdime India.
It would be fast for your visitors in India and From Asia.
They offer good support.
If you are not satisfied or if you require Easy installation and Etc choose hostgator India They have pretty Good Cpanel with Easy to install apps Option.;)

Thanks. I also have another joomla and phpbb based forum hosted on the Hostdime India servers, and their speed are pretty good and customer service is also good. But recently they migrated their India server to a different server and IP address without prior information, and in the process I lost several records and post in the forum because the databases was not synced correctly and post were being updated at both the old server and new server database. So currently I am a little wary of them, plus my target audience is both India and International customers, so looking for a US or Europe based host.
iamddevil said:
I don't think shared hostings going to cut it for a site like yours. It's not too slow now, but once you've got hundreds of users logged in, downloading stuff, you're going to face problems.

You could try a cheap VPS like Cheap VPS | Best VPS with OpenVz | Reliable Vps | Fully Managed | Centos VPS but I've got no clue as to how reliable they are. They are cheap though..450 a month.

Heres something even cheaper :
Hostirian.com » Blog Archive » VPS Servers Starting at $4.95

Thanks. I understand shared hosting is completely not recommended, but during the initial year I want to use a shared hosting to reduce cost, but at the same time I am not looking for some unknown cheap host even if they are offering VPS hosting. I believe a decent shared hosting will be better than some unknown VPS hosting provider.

Shakensoul said:
Thanks guys for all the suggestions..
Thanks. I understand shared hosting is completely not recommended, but during the initial year I want to use a shared hosting to reduce cost, but at the same time I am not looking for some unknown cheap host even if they are offering VPS hosting. I believe a decent shared hosting will be better than some unknown VPS hosting provider.

I agree. I'd avoid the hosts I suggested if I could too.
But you've got to ask yourself if shared hosting would suffice for your site. I haven't used Joomla, but use Drupal and Wordpress, and I realised that I needed to turn off user registrations, and treat everyone as a guest to provide acceptable performance. I used a lot of caching to speed up page loads, and I'm not sure if you can do something similar, as you need to have your users logged in.

This : ServInt VPS - Managed Virtual Private Server - VPS Hosting | www.servint.net is where I plan to host my sites once they're complete, and I've got a bit of traffic.

Hope you find a solution that works for you. Best of luck!

Am using hawkhost.com and they have the best hosting at very affordable prices :)

If you pay yearly, they offer a generous discount too

Don't settle for those $2 a month for unlimited hosting stuff

Looking for a payment gateway to be integrated with the website. Considering either EBS or CCAvenue.

Does anyone have any experience integrating either of the payment gatway with virtuemart?

Looks like for ccavenue, an additional module is required to be purchased (Rs.3000) for the integration, or the integration kit provided with ccavenue will work ?

http://extensions.joomla.org/extens...t-extensions/virtuemart-payment-systems/11006

Anyone having prior experience who can provide some inputs will be appreciated.

Integrating EBS payment gateway to Virtuemart is a breeze. Will take hardly 15 mins at your end. But EBS will take around 1 month-45 days after completing all the formalities to activate the gateway (processing time). My experience with EBS is not quite satisfactory, so i will suggest you check out other options as well.

One more vote for Hostgator, stick with shared hosting now (check their terms first) and if the traffic increases move on to a VPS.

Hostgator.in has also opened with servers in India. Right now considering between hostgator.in and hostdime.in

For payment gateway, looks like EBS has a long approval process, sent them an enquiry for sign-up, no response received till now, plus they do not seem to support digital download sites.

Transecute payment gateway looks tempting, but accepts only credit cards.

So for now, looks like ccavenue is the only option. Anyone has experience integrating ccavenue with virtuemart ?

Hostgator.in is pricey and neither i am impressed with their support. I would say both Hostdime and Hostgator are same in the technical field. but Hostgator worth a shot!

@ OP, It seems like you have shifted your website to indian servers. am i right?

swatkats said:
Hostgator.in is pricey and neither i am impressed with their support. I would say both Hostdime and Hostgator are same in the technical field. but Hostgator worth a shot!

@ OP, It seems like you have shifted your website to indian servers. am i right?

Yes, I have shifted to hostdime.in India servers for the time being. Been with them for sometime and customer service is good.

Have applied for ccavenue payment gateway.

Anyone has experience in integrating ccavenue with virtuemart, please share.

Have taken a CCAvenue account, but having trouble integrating with Virtuemart as there are no specific instructions or integration kit for virtuemart. If anyone can share the instructions/files/modules, will be grateful :)

Looking for your requirement, it will be good to get virtual server rather than shared , since you will be hosting big files for giving demo, i am afraid will company like hostgator will allow you to cap their bandwidth and space using shared hosting

Back